Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this spoiler tail light look right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased a used 2017 Model X and was wondering if the tail light should look like this. I know there’s wax but it just looks really weird and there’s a rubber piece that is attached under the spoiler off centered.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 103
You might have a real spoiler and someone might have glued it down with foam tape or something.
Good point, when I look close its rubber seals look short.

Went to service center to get my rear silver appliqué replaced, some how they cracked my tail light. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a quick fix for them to just slap it together with random tape.

Good point, when I look close its rubber seals look short.

Went to service center to get my rear silver appliqué replaced, some how they cracked my tail light. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a quick fix for them to just slap it together with random tape.
Just purchased a used 2017 Model X and was wondering if the tail light should look like this. I know there’s wax but it just looks really weird and there’s a rubber piece that is attached under the spoiler off centered.View attachment 701012
Could be someone try to repair a default light. Sould be epoxy to the spoiler. Only way to repair the light is to open crack it or change the spoiler. If the not under warranty, separate
the light for repair would be cheper than changing the complete spoiler.