Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Using the Tesla iPhone Widget Increase Vampiric Drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently left my 2019 Dual Motor Model 3 at the airport for a week. I lost 9% SOC during that time, from 54% to 45%. Sentry mode and summon were off. I had the Tesla widget on my iPhone home screen. I didn't launch the app during the trip. I did notice that the SOC, displayed by the widget, dropped about 2% a day. The other thing I can think of that might be impacting my SOC is that I use TezLab. I didn't launch that during the trip.

It seems that Tezlab, or the widget, maybe periodically waking the car up to communicate and then draining the car. I'm going to be leaving it there for a longer trip soon. I'd like to get the drain fixed.

I recently left my 2019 Dual Motor Model 3 at the airport for a week. I lost 9% SOC during that time, from 54% to 45%. Sentry mode and summon were off. I had the Tesla widget on my iPhone home screen. I didn't launch the app during the trip. I did notice that the SOC, displayed by the widget, dropped about 2% a day. The other thing I can think of that might be impacting my SOC is that I use TezLab. I didn't launch that during the trip.

It seems that Tezlab, or the widget, maybe periodically waking the car up to communicate and then draining the car. I'm going to be leaving it there for a longer trip soon. I'd like to get the drain fixed.
I stopped using Apps and Services to minimize losses. On my X I could go several days and only lose a few miles, first day usually the most. I also had excellent degradation. 326 new down 324 after 2.5 years and 27K miles. Typically kept it at 80%. And periodally 100%.

I just turned Background off on my App. So I can still use the app. Just some the stats are off and I don’t care about them.

So yeah, I suspect the Widget uses some charge. But I have no proof.

Supposedly the Apps don’t fully wake the car. But I think they might limit how often and how long they deep sleep.

I had work done at the body shop on my X. It was there for 2-3 weeks. They immediately disconnect the battery. It had exactly the same charge 2-3 weeks later. So there is virtually no self charging. It’s all the stuff running that drains it.

Reactions: theocguy
Well I did some checking for the vampire drain, but the official Tesla app widget doesn't cause vampire drain on iOS.
It updates only when the car itself is online. When the car goes to sleep, it will stop updating the widget.