Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does v3 charger works on Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
img_9326-jpg.501894

Charging my Raven Model X at a Version 3 supercharger

I tried both Scotts Valley and Fremont V3 Chargers. I don't get anything above 150 kw. Does it not work with Model X?
OMG. It is working! It is charging your car, and you are getting over 100kW. That is working.

Now what you are probably asking about is why you are not getting the legendary, fabled "250 kW" that the version 3 Superchargers are supposedly able to provide. And the answer is that the Model S or X can never get those speeds. They aren't built internally to handle that. The Model 3 was the first to have that capability, with thicker internal power cabling and a different battery formulation.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA and jboy210
OMG. It is working! It is charging your car, and you are getting over 100kW. That is working.

Now what you are probably asking about is why you are not getting the legendary, fabled "250 kW" that the version 3 Superchargers are supposedly able to provide. And the answer is that the Model S or X can never get those speeds. They aren't built internally to handle that. The Model 3 was the first to have that capability, with thicker internal power cabling and a different battery formulation.

unnecessary over reaction. We all know it works. We are just griping that a $100000 premium car doesn’t have a feature model 3 has. That’s not good customer service.

unnecessary over reaction. We all know it works. We are just griping that a $100000 premium car doesn’t have a feature model 3 has. That’s not good customer service.
Wow--a newer designed product has better functionality than a much older design. Who could have ever predicted this? This has never happened before in the history of technology. :rolleyes:

If they were both designed at the same time, sure, you could have a legitimate gripe that the more expensive version should have better capabilities.

Wow--a newer designed product has better functionality than a much older design. Who could have ever predicted this? This has never happened before in the history of technology. :rolleyes:

If they were both designed at the same time, sure, you could have a legitimate gripe that the more expensive version should have better capabilities.
I disagree. With the Raven upgrade, Tesla could have fully back-ported all the battery and charging tech in the M3 to the S/X. Clearly, some things were back-ported, since the Ravens have the 200kW SuperCharging, and one M3 motor. I just don't get what "else" was left out that precluded the 250kW charging.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
How is it that with the internet people can't research things before they ask obvious questions? It is not like this is rocket science (leave that to Space X). Worse yet is that they buy something and then complain after the fact. Ponderous.

I could care less and prefer my battery not be put under that much stress. I wish you could choose wattage (within reason).
I would also prefer this, one of the many reasons I avoid supercharging locally, it should be an option when the supercharger is empty and wouldn’t make anyone wait in line. Luckily I’ve been able to find destination chargers to always keep me topped up for daily driving (mostly at work). Since I’m never low I lower the amps to slow charge at 4kW instead of 10kw at home.

Last edited: