Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Whole Mars Catalog hit the curb at 16:40?

Does Whole Mars Catalog hit the curb at 16:40?

• Yes

• No

• There is no objective reality

• Can't tell

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently, the video OP, Whole Mars Catalog, replied on his YT video to my question that he does NOT believe he hit or ran over the curb in this video, although FSD has run over the curb twice so far on other drives. He sounds pretty sure since he remembers disengaging since he thought it WOULD hit the curb. Something he says he has had to watch out for.

The intrigue deepens...

Why does the car jolt? Hitting the curb is a likely explanation.

He thinks he might have turned the steering wheel to jolt it, but I don't know if the video supports that.

In any case, I told him all of his "video fans" are happy he is testing and broadcasting his drives. We are all vicariously enjoying FSD through these lenses for now and wish WE could be avoiding the curbs.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
If the camera is programmed anything like I've done - won't capture/store anything outside their driveway. Otherwise you'd get a thousand notifications per day ...
Turns out it was a light and I'm not even sure it would have seen the curb anyway. :(

The case has gone cold...
I did leave a flyer stapled to the utility pole in case there was a witness so there is some hope.

A jury or scientist would answer this question like this:

COULD he have hit the curb? Yes.

Did he? We don’t know. Could have been bad road surface near the curb, a small child, a large rock, Disco the neighbor’s cat, a curb, or some other small primate.

Not guilty on the basis of insufficient evidence.
I agree we do not have the evidence to convict in a criminal trial but I believe we meet the preponderance of the evidence standard of a civil trial.