Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does/will the Model 3 have a heated steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the 2 current M3 owners very active on M3OC 'no heated steering wheel' with PUP. Disappointment for now. Hopefully an upgrade later.

The only certainty at the moment is that the GUI doesn't reflect the presence of one, it doesn't mean it's not there. See also: FM radio, rear heated seats.

Granted it's pretty damned unlikely that it's there and nobody has confirmed it yet, but it's possible.

I think it's a part of the cold weather group which is in the premium upgrade package.

This is misinformation. Owners have already reported that there is no heated steering wheel even with the upgrade package.

Also no heated rear seats even though the description of PUP indicated heated materials "throughout" in the web description.

So unless Tesla completely changes the parts it's not making it into this first iteration of the Model 3.

This is misinformation. Owners have already reported that there is no heated steering wheel even with the upgrade package.

Also no heated rear seats even though the description of PUP indicated heated materials "throughout" in the web description.

So unless Tesla completely changes the parts it's not making it into this first iteration of the Model 3.
Not necessarily, they might not have enabled it in software yet. Just like they didn't enable FM yet...

Unlikely, but possible.

Both FM and rear heated seats are speculated because the online description says they are features (well, implies in the case of heated rear seats). There is absolutely nothing that states heated steering wheel as a feature, so I can't imagine why anybody would think it's there.

Does it? No.
Will it? Not known.

The Model S did not have heated steering wheel originally with the subzero package. Sometime later it was added. This very well could be the situation with the 3.

Although with the supposed mythical "spaceship" steering wheel, maybe the current wheel is not the final iteration so maybe final version will offer heating.
Modified Steering Wheel

• Love
Reactions: MissyMcBee
Just used the heated steering wheel in my Bolt. Just what I need on a 48 degree night. Not cold enough to turn on the battery sucking heater, but enough to turn on the watt sipping heated steering wheel.
I don't see how Tesla can omit it from the 3. That'd be a mistake.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
What exactly does 'heated materials throughout' mean? Only heated materials I can think of is the seats and the steering wheel.
I know the 'writers' like to glamorize the vehicle description, but in this case if it were just the seats (2 or 4), then they would say heated seats. But using 'materials' in the description means more than just seats.
Maybe the carpet (could be considered a material - but a worthless option), or mirrors (side and rear).
Maybe the cell phone charger - you know how Elon likes to climate control batteries.
I'm just confused.

Unless there is a Keurig in the glove box. (A disappointing omission in the MS)

What exactly does 'heated materials throughout' mean?

I know the sentence is a bit confusing, but I believe you parse "Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout" as Premium cabin materials throughout, not heated cabin materials throughout (since that doesn't make any sense). In other words "Premium <heated seating> and <cabin materials> throughout."