TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does your 2016 Hatch button look like this?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jrogville, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I just took delivery of an Aug 2016 CPO with the manual-close button on the hatchback door as shown on the these photos. Do your Model X's of that vintage look like that? This looks more like the style of the new Falcon Wing Door buttons on the B-pillars.

HatchSwitch-1.JPG

HatchSwitch-2.JPG

2. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete Champion

Mine has that. Sept 2016

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Built January 2016
    image1.JPG

4. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Yep---enjoy the X......fantastic vehicle....

5. Yinn

Yinn Member

They've all been like that and hasn't changed as far as I know.

6. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Great! Thanks for the input. It looks like it was the other way around from what I was thinking. Rather than the hatch door button being influence by the new FWD switches, it looks like the germ of the idea was there in the hatchback switch and they decided to apply it to the FWD switches, which I think was good idea. I had them order the new FWD switches for my car and they will have been installed by the time I get my car back from service. They look really good on the photos, so I'm looking forward to having them.

7. travwill

travwill Active Member

Yes, I wish at times I had the FWD new design as my parents get so confused trying to open and close those doors hehehe. I say pull the switch and they try to pull the upper part or something, pushing isn't any better. They are not intuitive (to most it seems) at all.