Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your Bill Of Sale (Order Agreement) Online show your Signature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
Can a few folks check their online Bill Of Sale for me.

To view it:

Goto your Web Account -> Click Manage Button -> View Details - View (Order Agreement)

Look towards the last Page, Owners Signature, is yours blank?

Mine does not show any form of my Signature (electronic or scanned from actual document).

Also if you did a Trade in, does the value of your Trade show on the Bill Of Sale?
Does the Tax Credit for taxes on the Trade Value show?

I did a trade, and nothing shows on my Bill Of Sale for my Trade nor does my Signature in any form.

Thanks for your help.

Can a few folks check their online Bill Of Sale for me.

To view it:

Goto your Web Account -> Click Manage Button -> View Details - View (Order Agreement)

Look towards the last Page, Owners Signature, is yours blank?

Mine does not show any form of my Signature (electronic or scanned from actual document).

Also if you did a Trade in, does the value of your Trade show on the Bill Of Sale?
Does the Tax Credit for taxes on the Trade Value show?

I did a trade, and nothing shows on my Bill Of Sale for my Trade nor does my Signature in any form.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry @mswlogo , I didnt see this when you first posted it. Even though you say you have your answer, I took a look at mine and saw that it is NOT the signed version online. I believe i have a copy of the signed version somewhere in my file cabinet... but if you need me to check if I have a copy of it, let me know and I would be happy to check.

Reactions: mswlogo
Yes, not everyone reads all threads on the forum in a sitting or sits on here all day long every day. :rolleyes:

Since I'm seeing this now, I'll add that, no, you get the boiler plate MVPA in your MyTesla documents. My delivery date was last year and I did at some point contact Tesla and ask if I could be sent my signed copy of documents. They said it would take a little bit of time (can't remember how long) but they did send me a .pdf of my Delivery Documents. Included was their Cover page with basic info on me, the car ordered and documents I provided to them as well as the list of documents they needed to have executed. I did not have a trade-in so nothing was on my forms about that. Apart from this cover page check list for their use was:

1) my MVPA Vehicle Configuration page
2) the MVPA Final Price Sheet (BTW a vehicle trade-in amount will be listed under #5 Total Credits (D)).

Both 1&2 are shown in MyTeslaAccount Order Agreement along with the Terms and Conditions and other document language not included in my .pdf. The other items pertained to my specific State as follows:

3) my signed Application for Registration of New Vehicle (Calif. DMV copy) which did have a signature from my Tesla Delivery person (I think) on behalf of Tesla. I seem to remember him signing that when we were going over my documents.
4) the same as #3 above except the "Dealer" copy
5) the Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment form (Calif. DMV), essentially the Bill of Sale from Tesla to me, indicating the mileage. The Buyer section had my signature but only unsigned typewritten section for Seller portion. The form also has me as Buyer giving Tesla my power of attorney to prepare all necessary documents, as needed, to transfer ownership to me as required by law.
6) a copy of the check given to them.

Last edited:
My friend online document clearly shows his trade (and tax adjustment) mine does not.

His didn't have any kind of signature either.

Thanks for the info.

I cant answer for a trade because I didnt have one. Those of us in california do not see "tax adjustment" because there is no such thing for us out here regarding trading in a car. We pay full tax regardless of whether we trade in a car or not, unlike a lot of places that allow you to get a credit for the value of the trade in toward reducing your tax liability.

They actually removed the sale price on the bill of sale by hand and hand wrote a different price AFTER I signed the document without my knowledge/consent and furnished the modified version to the BMV. Another form that I signed was modified as well and wasn't even the same form revision # as the one I filled out. They just play fast and loose at that company without any checks and balances, evidently... I don't even remember seeing a MVPA when I bought this last car and I know I didn't sign one, maybe that process has now changed to require a signature?

• Informative
They actually removed the sale price on the bill of sale by hand and hand wrote a different price AFTER I signed the document without my knowledge/consent and furnished the modified version to the BMV. Another form that I signed was modified as well and wasn't even the same form revision # as the one I filled out. They just play fast and loose at that company without any checks and balances, evidently... I don't even remember seeing a MVPA when I bought this last car and I know I didn't sign one, maybe that process has now changed to require a signature?

That's the sort of thing they did with me.

They have no computer record of it. And now Corporate Headquarters is after me for the discrepancy in $$$ and then Corporate lied on top of it, to make it work out how it is recorded in the system !!

That's the sort of thing they did with me.

They have no computer record of it. And now Corporate Headquarters is after me for the discrepancy in $$$ and then Corporate lied on top of it, to make it work out how it is recorded in the system !!

I am not surprised in the least bit that others have noticed these paperwork shenanigans too... Plenty more probably slide through without anyone seeing changes.

You don't modify legal documents after they have been signed by both parties, that is a no-no. I gave Tesla multiple opportunities to explain the inconsistencies with the documents I signed but they wouldn't comment. I had to open a case with the attorney general to elicit a response. Tesla's managing council followed up to the AG stating there is no wrongdoing on Tesla's part and that there are no such copies in their records. I had already included as exhibits the originals I received copies of during delivery and the modified documents Tesla themselves emailed me and electronically submitted to the BMV for registration, so I just responded with their email containing the modified documents attached in case he didn't see them? Odd bunch.

Last edited:
The only version I have in my account dashboard is the generic "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement", which only has high level details, like config, order number, and a line that says "Order placed with electronically accepted terms", and a date next to it. Looking at the footer, it says "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (v.20181129 en_US).

I recall during the purchase process, the actual finance agreement/final MVPA was available in my account for a day, maybe two, before it mysteriously disappeared.

• Informative
Update:

Rather than properly fix what was recorded incorrectly they are now willing to “write off” what they think I owe them. No apology or anything, nothing. And who’s to say it doesn’t come back and haunt me. Still not thrilled how they left it. Basically classifying me as a deadbeat in their system.

I put a request in the Registry of Motor Vehicles to see what Tesla actually paid RMV in taxes. I’ll bet they paid the correct amount. Same folks that doctored the cash Order Agreement into a half baked Trade In (with the correct taxes I should pay) is probably the same person that was responsible for registering and paying the registration taxes.

If the correct taxes were paid there is nothing to write off.

Update:

Rather than properly fix what was recorded incorrectly they are now willing to “write off” what they think I owe them. No apology or anything, nothing. And who’s to say it doesn’t come back and haunt me. Still not thrilled how they left it. Basically classifying me as a deadbeat in their system.

I put a request in the Registry of Motor Vehicles to see what Tesla actually paid RMV in taxes. I’ll bet they paid the correct amount. Same folks that doctored the cash Order Agreement into a half baked Trade In (with the correct taxes I should pay) is probably the same person that was responsible for registering and paying the registration taxes.

If the correct taxes were paid there is nothing to write off.

what was the "write off" amount?

what was the "write off" amount?

~$2000.00

BTW, registry got back to me. They said, look at your registration.

Turns out my registration documented what Service Center did, correctly did trade (albeit haphazardly and not documented correctly in Tesla computers). And the registration completely contradicts my “fake” (computer generated) Order Agreement.

• Informative
Reactions: super20g