TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does your driver side door shudder?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 403portside, Jun 30, 2014.

1. 403portside

403portside Member

When you close it? Doesn't have the solid thud I would have hoped for. Something rattles or shudders when I close it.

P85+.

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

No. It doesn't feel as solid as one would hope, but it's likely because the windows are frameless. Indeed, I suspect that that window is bouncing a bit when you close the door.

3. 403portside

403portside Member

Yup that's what it sounds like. I recall closing other car's doors that felt more solid. Perhaps it needs a bit of adjustment.

4. maxwells

maxwells P85 43796

This was the first thing I noticed when I was taking delivery at the factory; the DS said that's just how it is. I think of the S as a cutting edge but beta product; minor stuff like this is going to exist for the next 5 years or so.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

403 and maxwells - It might be worth your time and peace of mind to check out cars with similar frameless windows at a used car dealership and compare.

6. maxwells

maxwells P85 43796

My previous car was a frameless Mercedes convertible where the doors felt much more solid.

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Definitely good feedback to pass along to [email protected]