TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does your Model 3 AWD insurance card show the right vehicle? Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by plasmo, Aug 27, 2018.

1. plasmo

plasmo Member

I am taking delivery of my dual motor Model 3 this week, and just got my temporary Auto insurance card from my insurance guy (Acuity). Instead of the card stating Model 3, it shows "18 TESL MODEL X P100D PERFORMANCE" with my VIN number. I think my premium cost is more expensive than my Model S!

Does anyone else have this issue, and does this matter?
    I'm assuming it's because their computers do not yet have Model 3 dual motor in their system???

2. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I would definitely get this fixed! Junk like that has a tendency to rapidly get cast into concrete and very difficult to correct later.

• Like x 1
  3. glide

glide Member

That is no bueno. Find a new insurer if need be.

4. TT97

TT97 Active Member

If it didn't say AWD, I wouldn't worry, but that isn't even close. The insurance co definitely needs to fix that - unless Tesla is willing to give you the X P100D (then you can trade the 60D for another 3) :)

5. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#5 SMAlset, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    You do NOT want to be paying for insurance based on a Model XP100D performance. The car value isn't even close.

We had a similar type of thing happen when we bought our Model S. State Farm didn't have the 75D in their books so at first our agent wanted to quote us based on a P85D, nixed that idea very quickly. Think she then went with a 70D or something like that not sure. But yeah, I'm guessing that insurance company hasn't figured out the rates for the Model 3 LR AWD Performance yet. Will be interesting to talk to our agent as our LR AWD might be ready to pick up this weekend (got the call either Thurs. Friday or Sat) and those are even newer in production than the performance model.

6. plasmo

plasmo Member

UPDATE:
    After sending my agent emails to notify that he put down the most expensive Tesla you can buy (well, not including Roadster etc) with the least expensive Tesla you can buy on my insurance card, he "magically" found the correct Model 3, and the premium dropped $1500. I've had enough of him, and will likely switch insurers next renewal cycle since everything else is under him.

• Like x 3