Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your Model 3 sound like a crunching waterbottle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have read through some other threads on interior rattles and haven't seen what I am experiencing. I am getting a crunch sound, kind of what an empty plastic water bottle would sound like, when I drive over any uneven surfaces or bumps. Almost sounds like it is coming from the pillars in the back seat or along the sides of the car. If I press on the pillars they don't seem to rattle, have also checked the seat belts and that doesn't seem to be it either. The other thing is I feel like it is more pronounced when the car is cold, if the car is warmer then it seems to not make the sound as much.

I haven't been able to get anyone else to drive while I try to figure out the exact source in the back seat. I did notice that the shelf over behind the rear seats seems to make some noise when pressing on it, could be that shelf. Anyone experience anything similar.? Haven't made an appointment for service yet but it is making me crazy.

My S does that. Exactly the symptoms and times you describe. It’s the styrofoam material between headliner and body that rubs. Some people had service put felt in between, I haven’t bothered with it. Yet.

Yes it does get annoying after a while.

Reactions: Nelson
You may be describing my issue too. To me it sounds like the black trim/interior door panels rubbing on each other. Very noticeable under acceleration/deceleration especially. Quite annoying.

A few months ago I was getting the popping sound of the VIN plate against the windshield. I used a plastic trim tool to wedge in there and bend it down. Might want to start with that.

Reactions: Nelson