Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your new Model 3 makes a continuous humming noise when parked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran some additional tests. Sentry mode off. Car unplugged. USB removed. Fan and AC off. Car not touched for a day.

Still makes and maintains the same noise as soon as I open the door. I would say the interior volume level is comparable to some ICE cars idling with the engine on. Resetting by powering off the vehicle did not do anything.

As expected. When you open the door, the computer boots up and turns on its coolant pump.

• Informative
Reactions: SaintMickey®
Please, stop saying it is normal. And yes, unfortunately, many people having these new Teslas are thinking to trade them with an ICE or other electric cars. I get daily contacts from people complaining about this issue on modelyissue.com There's nothing to laugh about it. This is a serious problem. Again, please, stop saying that's normal. It is NOT.

If you have any doubts, read these two discussions on these forums:

Thank you for your cooperation.

It’s normal… I’m starting a petition to ask Tesla not to change it.

• Funny
Reactions: Krobbler
It’s normal… I’m starting a petition to ask Tesla not to change it.

Ok, let me clarify this once for all: the fact the pumps start when you open a door is normal. The fact they make a loud noise that can be heard from inside the cabin and ruins the whole driving experience is not. That's the whole point of the problem: It's the loudness of the noise the pumps are making that is NOT normal.

Is this clear?

• Funny
I just noticed the similar threads list…

37883D51-C3AB-49F5-9A77-2F5D975BC374.jpeg

Ok, let me clarify this once for all: the fact the pumps start when you open a door is normal. The fact they make a loud noise that can be heard from inside the cabin and ruins the whole driving experience is not. That's the whole point of the problem: It's the loudness of the noise the pumps are making that is NOT normal.

Is this clear?

Use the right steering wheel paddle… It’s called the “gear shifter” and drive… You won’t hear the noise.

That's BS. I'm expected to hear a lawn mower running in the background when I sit in my parked Model 3 with everything off? What would you consider "unexpected." 50 dB? 60dB? 70dB? This behavior was not present on my 2018 Model 3.

Do you have SPL readings with pump running vs not running? How loud are we actually talking about? Someone please quantify this for us.

• Funny
Do you have SPL readings with pump running vs not running? How loud are we actually talking about? Someone please quantify this for us.

Yes, 40-50 dB from inside the cabin with A/C off.

If you read what I posted on my first post at the beginning of this thread, you would know everything. If you watch my video on my dedicated page on this issue you can find on the links I posted on my first post, you also would know all answers to your questions.

I am a long-time Tesla owner and I know how quiet a Tesla can be. I have driven Model Ss, Model Xs, and I currently own a 2019 Model 3. I have also tested older Model Ys, and they are all completely quiet. Please, try to understand this is a real problem and it is ruining the whole Tesla experience for hundreds of people right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.