TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

does your stroller fit in the frunk or the trunk (with the 3rd row seats up)?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by commasign, Feb 11, 2016.

1. commasign

commasign Active Member

For those of you with an X and infant/child stroller, what brand and model do you have and how well does your stroller fit in the frunk? how about in the trunk with the 3rd row seats up?

2. fevzinet

fevzinet New Member

UP UP!!!

3. hdnyc

hdnyc Member

I think a single umbrella stroller would probably fit in the frunk and also the trunk with the third row folded up? I don't have one so I can't test it. But this is my travel stroller in the car. It won't fit in the frunk because it folds in half, but you have two options for it in the back of the car: 1) standing up in the lower storage, or 2) flat like you would place it in a normal SUV trunk. The stroller is the Valco Snap - its dimensions when folded are approximately 20.5"W x 30.5"L x 14"H. The lower cargo area is pretty deep, so even if an umbrella stroller doesn't lie horizontally with the third row folded, I think it would fit vertically in the cargo area behind the third row. Hopefully that makes sense!

Attached Files:

4. Farnigus

Farnigus Member

At the meet the model X event, we tested our stroller in the trunk with the 3rd row seats up. It is a detachable double stroller. It did fit in the rear trunk with the seats up, along with both stroller seats.

Does not fit in the front when configured as a double stroller. It might fit when configured as a single stroller.

city select® - Baby Jogger

5. fzylogic

fzylogic New Member

• Like x 1
  6. elguapo

elguapo Member

My umbroller would fit fine in frunk. My city mini single fits fine in trunk with 3rd row up. My BOB does not for with 3rd row up. My city mini double does fit with third row up as long as I use extra space under shelf. Should I go on. Sadly, our garage looks like a used stroller sales lot...

• Like x 1
  7. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

How many kids do you have??? You must be one good looking guy!

8. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

I'll take pictures of our baby jogger city select later but here's the Maclaren twin triumph (side-by-side umbrella stroller) in the frunk. The length fits, but the wheels are too wide to close the frunk.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  9. commasign

commasign Active Member

Finally got my X. Confirmed what @fzylogic said. The UppaBaby G-Lite fits frunk. And it fits the trunk in all 3 configurations (parcel shelf high the stroller can be above or below the parcel shelf; parcel shelf low the stroller can be above the parcel shelf; and parcel shelf gone, obviously).

As for our other stroller which is a Graco convertible/detachable, it only fits in the trunk. Tight squeeze on top of parcel shelf. Fits better with parcel shelf gone or retracted.