Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog got shocked by my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm somewhat new to the forum and I've only owned my Model S for a few months so bear with me here.

Over the last week or so I've gone out to the garage and the fan in the front of the car was running and it sounded like it was really going full speed if you know what I mean. The car hadn't been touched in over a day and there were no key fobs near it at all. I'm not entirely sure what's causing that. Is that normal?

Also, today it was doing that same thing with the fan running full speed for no known reason. This is where it gets weird. My dog happened to walk by and touch the car and all of a sudden he yelped really loudly and while trying to run a way he rammed his head into the garage door. Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? I know if sounds pretty strange but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone out there has ever experienced something like this?

I was trying to come up with ideas and the only thing could thing of is that maybe it was static electricity from the fan running at full speed for a while? I'm just guessing here.

For the record, my dog is very tolerant of pain and I can't remember the last time I heard him yelp over anything, so this couldn't have been a minor thing.

Thanks in advance for all your help or ideas.

I'm somewhat new to the forum and I've only owned my Model S for a few months so bear with me here.

Over the last week or so I've gone out to the garage and the fan in the front of the car was running and it sounded like it was really going full speed if you know what I mean. The car hadn't been touched in over a day and there were no key fobs near it at all. I'm not entirely sure what's causing that. Is that normal?

Also, today it was doing that same thing with the fan running full speed for no known reason. This is where it gets weird. My dog happened to walk by and touch the car and all of a sudden he yelped really loudly and while trying to run a way he rammed his head into the garage door. Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? I know if sounds pretty strange but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone out there has ever experienced something like this?

I was trying to come up with ideas and the only thing could thing of is that maybe it was static electricity from the fan running at full speed for a while? I'm just guessing here.

For the record, my dog is very tolerant of pain and I can't remember the last time I heard him yelp over anything, so this couldn't have been a minor thing.

Thanks in advance for all your help or ideas.

Oh yeah, it is a 2013 P85+

the battery cooling system running to cool the battery when you are not near the car is quite common and does get hot near the front of the car , how hot was it there? you dog could have yelped if the car was extremely hot and were you charging it at the time? check your grounding if there was a aircondtioner puddle or from the battery cooler .

The car wasn't plugged it, I should have mentioned that. The garage was probably around 75-80F.

I can't imagine there would be something that hot that was exposed, but like I said earlier, I'm just a new Tesla owner.

I'll look for a puddle like you mentioned.

Ok false alarm. I'm embarrassed but I'm gonna have to blame my wife on this one. She told me the car shocked the dog. She neglected to mention that the dog was wearing a shock collar and it was the collar that shocked the dog. 😖

I'm super sorry for the confusion. Hey, it kinda made a good story right??

Thanks everyone, I'll make my next post more constructive. Now I'll try to find a way to delete this one...

Ok false alarm. I'm embarrassed but I'm gonna have to blame my wife on this one. She told me the car shocked the dog. She neglected to mention that the dog was wearing a shock collar and it was the collar that shocked the dog. 😖

I'm super sorry for the confusion. Hey, it kinda made a good story right??

Thanks everyone, I'll make my next post more constructive. Now I'll try to find a way to delete this one...

you can click on “report” link under your initial post in the thread and request the moderators to delete/rename/whatever your thread. They are typically very helpful (time & schedule permitting) and can make the changes.