Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog in my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 65 pound dog rides very well in our gas SUV, but first two trips in Model X she was very hyper acting. Wondering if a sound from electric motors may be unpleasant for her, maybe sounds we don’t hear. Has anyone else noticed this activity with dogs? She has not had this issue with new gas cars in past.

Maybe she was just excited to be riding in the future? Our Pup is just fine in our S, which I assume has the same sounds as the X. We have one of those bench seat covers that forms a hammock in the back seat. We put her bed back there and she pretty much just sleeps, no issues. Has done >12hr road trips with us no problem.

Maybe she was just excited to be riding in the future? Our Pup is just fine in our S, which I assume has the same sounds as the X. We have one of those bench seat covers that forms a hammock in the back seat. We put her bed back there and she pretty much just sleeps, no issues. Has done >12hr road trips with us no problem.

Awesome! There is hope then, thanks.

As I'm sure you know, dogs in cars are hard to predict.

My almost 16 yr old male dog has always been a great traveling dog, both in ICE cars and over last 2 years in my X's. However, my Mother-in-law has a next litter's female dog who pants heavily when in any car.

Having said that, I'm sure she will settle in........

Reactions: l4sythe
Thanks, Standard Poodles are pretty smart and normal a back seat sleeper also. She is a trained ESA Dog, so I was kinda surprised with her actions.
In my experience the smarter the dog the harder to predict.
Let's just say a 'simpler' dog will be pretty happy in most situations, but dogs with a bit more awareness will take longer to get used to new situations. But they will be happy if the owner is happy.

Have driven our Doberman and Labrador around in my wife's model S many times without anything like what you're describing. That said, you also have more sky visible -- our Labrador wouldn't notice, but our Doberman actually pays attention to "up" and would notice things whizzing by up there if we had an X.

Do let us know if she calms down after a couple more trips!

2.5yrs now, no problems with nerves or sounds, he wants to go everywhere. Around town to coffee shop & runs, he rides in class. For trips we use a dog kennal.

dog.jpg

2.5yrs now, no problems with nerves or sounds, he wants to go everywhere. Around town to coffee shop & runs, he rides in class. For trips we use a dog kennal.

View attachment 323710
By dog kennel do you mean travel crate, or that you leave him behind and board him?

If you do use a travel crate, what size is it and how do you position it in the X? I was looking at the X, but thought it would be hard to get a crate in and still close the back hatch because of the rake angle.

By dog kennel do you mean travel crate, or that you leave him behind and board him?

If you do use a travel crate, what size is it and how do you position it in the X? I was looking at the X, but thought it would be hard to get a crate in and still close the back hatch because of the rake angle.
I meant to say Crate, exactly same as @Sonic_78. It fits just behind driver seat with 3 passengers (2nd row 1/3 up), but with 4 people (2nd row 2/3 up), then it can only go way back. I have a smaller hard case that does fit the 4 person situation.

• Informative