Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DOG MODE ALERT – CAR WINDOW STICKER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dog mode alert in action.png

DOG MODE ALERT – STATIC CLING CAR WINDOW STICKER

Recently, my wife took our "little buddy" with her to the store and tried out the new "Dog Mode". Everything worked fine and our dog was resting comfortable inside when she returned. But, all the while she was away from her ca, she was worried someone may see the dog inside and break out her window because they did not notice the on-screen message. So we came up with this cute, "Dog Mode Alert" sticker that is placed on the side window to let passers by no that all is well inside.

It's 5" X 7" and made of a static cling material that adhere's to the glass with no adhesive and removes easily leaving no residue behind.

This Dog Mode Alert Sticker an be reused over and over again, greatly reducing the chance of someone breaking your car window to rescue the pet inside.

Any thoughts? I made extras PM me if anyone's interested

dog mode alert in action2.png

View attachment 453096

Recently, my wife took our "little buddy" with her to the store and tried out the new "Dog Mode". Everything worked fine and our dog was resting comfortable inside when she returned. But, all the while she was away from her ca, she was worried someone may see the dog inside and break out her window because they did not notice the on-screen message. So we came up with this cute, "Dog Mode Alert" sticker that is placed on the side window to let passers by no that all is well inside.

It's 5" X 7" and made of a static cling material that adhere's to the glass with no adhesive and removes easily leaving no residue behind.

This Dog Mode Alert Sticker an be reused over and over again, greatly reducing the chance of someone breaking your car window to rescue the pet inside.

View attachment 453097
Can it be customized with our own dog pics?

Here’re some recommendations from someone who went through a few iterations of these signs and talked to actual cops about what to put on them:
- Ditch the graphic and the dog mode term. The single most important piece of information is “A/C IS ON!!!”. Many people don’t know what dog mode is, but all know what A/C is on means.
- Point people to display for current temp. People often won’t believe the sign alone, but having the car show them temperature helps.
- Mention car is remotely monitored. Be vague about what is monitored though. This will serve two purposes: first, it will further assure people that you are following the temperature inside, and second, it will discourage drastic measures from good samaritans.
- Last but not least, always include a phone number. This is important if the police gets involved - they will try to contact you first. It’s much nicer to get a call than to hear a waiter announce “owner of blue Tesla, police are looking for you” to the entire restaurant or, worse yet, return to a broken window and an impounded dog.

As far as mounting the signs, you could always print your own cling stickers, but there are plenty of suction cup sign frames on amazon for under 10 bucks too.

Yes, but it would be nice to provide a space in the design for that.
Here’re some recommendations from someone who went through a few iterations of these signs and talked to actual cops about what to put on them:
- Ditch the graphic and the dog mode term. The single most important piece of information is “A/C IS ON!!!”. Many people don’t know what dog mode is, but all know what A/C is on means.
- Point people to display for current temp. People often won’t believe the sign alone, but having the car show them temperature helps.
- Mention car is remotely monitored. Be vague about what is monitored though. This will serve two purposes: first, it will further assure people that you are following the temperature inside, and second, it will discourage drastic measures from good samaritans.
- Last but not least, always include a phone number. This is important if the police gets involved - they will try to contact you first. It’s much nicer to get a call than to hear a waiter announce “owner of blue Tesla, police are looking for you” to the entire restaurant or, worse yet, return to a broken window and an impounded dog.

As far as mounting the signs, you could always print your own cling stickers, but there are plenty of suction cup sign frames on amazon for under 10 bucks too.
thanks for the input

View attachment 453096

View attachment 453097
Are these stickers still available for sale?

Reactions: Reekdog