Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog mode for my bunnies?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering can the dog mode work if my bunnies are in the trunk? I usually put them in a carrier in the trunk, with the back seat open.

But the main question is, will the AC feature in dog mode be able to reach to the trunk? Like with seat folded down or up?

Also how much battery percent will it use per minute? Will you be warned if you somehow forgot and were gone for an hour?

And for those with dogs, should you leave your cell phone on the window in case a concerned passer byer wanted to notify their concern if something did go wrong? Or let them know that the dogs are okay? So that way they don't resort to breaking glass or calling police if they can get a hold of you first?

Also I think they should allow you to leave a personal message on that screen, maybe saying you will be inside Lowes or the super market. Or just saying something personal that lets people know you acknowledge dogs are in the car.

I may need to use it sometimes when I'm doing a quick trip inside like a fast food place for 5 minutes. But usually, if it's grocery shopping or anything else that will be more than 10 min, I will likely take them with me since I they're fun to bring around public.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Also I think they should allow you to leave a personal message on that screen, maybe saying you will be inside Lowes or the super market. Or just saying something personal that lets people know you acknowledge dogs are in the car.
They don't preclude you from affixing your own sign with additional information to the bottom of the screen or on a window.

Should be fine. While you are on the screen to enable the "dog mode" make sure you press the little grey (or blue) icon in the lower right side of the screen to turn on the rear AC vents (on the back of the console). That will get plenty of airflow into the back end of the car.

Reactions: jpfive
I'm just wondering can the dog mode work if my bunnies are in the trunk? I usually put them in a carrier in the trunk, with the back seat open.

But the main question is, will the AC feature in dog mode be able to reach to the trunk? Like with seat folded down or up?

Also how much battery percent will it use per minute? Will you be warned if you somehow forgot and were gone for an hour?

And for those with dogs, should you leave your cell phone on the window in case a concerned passer byer wanted to notify their concern if something did go wrong? Or let them know that the dogs are okay? So that way they don't resort to breaking glass or calling police if they can get a hold of you first?

I may need to use it sometimes when I'm doing a quick trip inside like a fast food place for 5 minutes. But usually, if it's grocery shopping or anything else that will be more than 10 min, I will likely take them with me since I they're fun to bring around public.

Not quite Bunnies, but I did an experiment with my Cat for 25 minutes. It sat in the back and was absolutely fine, so I would imagine it would be okay if the seats were folded down. It used 3% of the battery for 25 minutes, it was set to 21C and the outside air temperature was 22C, but before I got in the car is was showing 39C!

I filmed it all if you want to see how relaxed the cat was :)

Should be fine. While you are on the screen to enable the "dog mode" make sure you press the little grey (or blue) icon in the lower right side of the screen to turn on the rear AC vents (on the back of the console). That will get plenty of airflow into the back end of the car.

They don't let you do this anymore (or at least not last time I tried). Workaround is to put weight on the back seat so you can click the "child seat" thing that shows up on the screen, which seems to make it enable the back vent when in auto.

416C41F6-CEBC-4900-96F1-52F755D5C705.jpeg
916B3868-99CE-4BD6-9D0D-0A09D8A25069.jpeg
D5D71A49-4296-477F-BEEA-97CF3951D9D5.jpeg
Agreed, with seats down and rear vents activated the air temp will certainly be the same in the trunk as the car.

Please post photos!