Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog mode - was there a software upgrade to disable windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dog mode is a great thing. However, went into the pharmacy today (turned dog mode on) and returned to my french bulldog entertaining people in the parking lot with both of the front windows completely down. The window buttons are in exactly the right place for her paws when she looks out the side windows.

is there any option to disable the window buttons when dog mode is on?

...or a small piece of cardboard covering the switch could do je job.

On the driver side, when I exit the car, I time to time touch one of the switches of the rear windows.
So I put a little cover on top of them, and I use a piece of electrical tape as hinge.

Note: I wonder if, when using Dog Mode, if you receive a message like 'windows left open" ?

There's no such thing, as least for now. However, what we do is to lock the rear windows with the window switch on the driver's side. We don't have kids, so we did that almost since new. But if you have kids, you can leave the dog at the rear, and lock the windows, which I think also locks the doors, so even better :). Hope this helps.

...or a small piece of cardboard covering the switch could do je job.

On the driver side, when I exit the car, I time to time touch one of the switches of the rear windows.
So I put a little cover on top of them, and I use a piece of electrical tape as hinge.

Note: I wonder if, when using Dog Mode, if you receive a message like 'windows left open" ?
Yes, you do get a message under Climate I’m the app. It doesn’t alert me, so I have to constantly check the app, since my dog has learned to how to purposefully roll the windows down & jump out.