Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
This is just awesome! This is a great feature for those who travel with furry companions like me.
index.php

Attachments

• IMG_1646.PNG
    IMG_1646.PNG
    727.6 KB · Views: 8,433
Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a welcome feature! Leaving my dogs in the car is not something I do on a regular basis but I can still see myself using this from time to time. I’m reminded of a trip to the supermarket a few years back when I still had my previous car. I had my two dogs in the backseat and we just came back from the dog park. I had to run in to buy 2 or 3 things and left the dogs in the car for less than 5 minutes. While I was in the self checkout lane I hear over the PA system in the store “will the owner of a blue Mustang please stop by the customer service desk”. I was already scanning my items and bagging them when the announcement came so I just finished checking out and left. I’m assuming someone saw my dogs in the car and was concerned and talked to a manager in the store. Dog mode should be good at preventing a similar situation from happening in the future. However even with dog mode I would never want to leave my dogs unattended for more than 10 minutes.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I don't think it's obvious enough for people passing by. There are plenty of youtube videos of people breaking the door glass of cars to release the pent up animals. You need something that will flash to get peoples attention and then text large enough to be read at a great distance. Something simple and to the point.

Attachments

• PetSafe.jpg
    PetSafe.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 106
  • PetSafe2.jpg
    PetSafe2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: jsrawa
I don't think it's obvious enough for people passing by. There are plenty of youtube videos of people breaking the door glass of cars to release the pent up animals. You need something that will flash to get peoples attention and then text large enough to be read at a great distance. Something simple and to the point.

According to Elon they're going to make the text larger: Elon Musk on Twitter

32DAFEFC-AD90-4B3D-8C5C-348424849C28.jpeg

Reactions: Big Earl

So Dog Mode is mutually exclusive of Senty Mode?

I guess I can just smash the rear quarter panel window to give your dog some air. Maybe help myself to any snacks in the trunk while I'm at it. :D

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
So Dog Mode is mutually exclusive of Senty Mode?

This is a concern of mine, for somewhat different reasons.

I have a dog. I leave her in the car somewhat regularly. In some instances, I'm sure I'll use Dog Mode. But what I really want is a way to leave the dog in the car AND have sentry mode. In that case, I can't have motion detection inside the car. Because these two "modes" seem to be rolling out at the same time, I hope there's some consideration put into the concept that some of us would like to use both at the same time.

I don't trust people to respect the message. There's still going to be a lot of window breaks for peoples own self congratulatory pat on the back celebration for "saving" an animal. They'll just say the dog was suffering because they saw it breathing with its mouth open and tongue sticking out.

I don't trust people to respect the message. There's still going to be a lot of window breaks for peoples own self congratulatory pat on the back celebration for "saving" an animal. They'll just say the dog was suffering because they saw it breathing with its mouth open and tongue sticking out.
"A lot of?" Is this really a rampant problem in some places? Of course where I am, we get the windows broken to check for loose change. But I don't know of anybody who's had a window broken to "rescue" a dog. (yes, I've heard the stories, but it has never seemed to be a common thing). My dog stays in the car quite regularly. Of course she's always in the back behind the dark tint... because I care about my dog. :)