Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog seat / Baby seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
we just ordered a Model 3 Performance and are wondering what the measurements of the rearseats are because we have a medium sized dog (australian shepherd) and a baby on the way ;). So our plan is to buy a rear seat for the dog like in the picture below that uses almost two seats in the back, but the middle seat shouldnt be covered whole so that there is still enough space for a baby seat on the far left side.
My question is, how much space do we have from the far right seat to the edge of the middle seat. There is two sizes of the dog seat, one with a length of 25,5 inches (65cm) and the larger one with 29,5 inches (75cm). We would prefer the larger one but are just not sure if there is enough space so that a baby seat still fits.

seat.jpg

model-3.png

check out amazon, I would highly recommend getting rear door covers as well as my pups had scratched some of my interior because they get excited when I walk back or leave to the car while in dog mode.
Hey, thanks for the advice, much appreciated. We will definitely get some kind of extra cover since it's a company car. But we still don't know how much space we have on the two seats. Could anyone measure it or are there no Model 3 owners here in this forum^^

I can measure for you, but I almost guarantee you'll want the smaller dog set. Infant car seats are huge. Here is a pic I took to show the tint on my old 3, but you can see the top of my son's convertible seat for an idea of how little room is on each side. We put him in the middle because my wife read it was generally considered the safest place.

XGCysqW.png

Wow, this seat is huge :D
I suppose we will be better of with the smaller box, so that we still have some flexibility when buying a babyseat.
But it would be great if you could still measure the distance shown in my attached picture above. Thank you

Reactions: Boourns
My dog just did the same today. Did you ever fix yours? If so, how?
no its too expensive. maybe you can find a totaled model 3 and buy the panels from there?

but here is the link to the amazon product in case anyone wants to try. I recommended placing the cover closer the the out part of the door as that was were most of the my dogs would scratch while in their car seat.

the product suggested using Velcro to stick onto the door, I used their plastic clips that slide into the window and no issues so far other than it moves around when roll up/down the window, but I don't mind as long as it protects the door.