Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Just got this for my Model Y but fits any car, now Nalla (Beagle) can go with us in the Beagle mobile anywhere, this seat cover has 2 Velcro openings in the rear and comes with 2 seat belt straps that clip into the seat belt buckle and onto the dogs harness. Also the 2 ends that face the door has 2 zippers on each side to lower the side to remove the dog. $38.00 on Amazon, there’s a mesh window facing the front center console. It does a great job keeping the dog in place. Let me know what you guys think.

[Upgraded Version] Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat, 100% Waterproof with Mesh Window, Scratch Proof Nonslip Dog Car Hammock, Car Seat Covers for Dogs, Dog Backseat Cover for Cars Trucks SU https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFMH6FW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oyztFbVXAB5S6

Fred

6CB16268-275C-4C14-B5F6-3C846234C46D.jpeg

261ED82B-382A-4218-977C-DFA2FB62E20D.jpeg

Reactions: strykeroz
That looks decent and I know mine is very pricey in comparison but I really love the quality of Orvis products. They also do not stain the white seats at all. Have had my dog in the car after swims in the lake, etc, and never a leak or issue. And simply throw it in the washer when needed and it has never lost quality. So for a premium model this one is really the best I've ever used. Amazon one I had previously fell apart after 6 months.

Orvis.com Mobile Site

Reactions: PoitNarf
They also do not stain the white seats at all.

Probably well worth it. My white seats have been permanently stained (I have no idea how to remove it - even isopropyl alcohol spot check didn't work!) by a cheaper ($30) hammock. Should have bought quality!!! Functionally the cheaper ones seem to be fine though.

Again: beware when using these hammocks: the non-slip rubberized undercoating apparently will off-gas and directly infuse the seat material with a permanent stain (no apparent way to remove it - maybe it can with Magic Eraser or some other product that removes material - but haven't tried). Fortunately it is only the bottom seat cushion, so if I really wanted to, I could just get a replacement part.

That looks decent and I know mine is very pricey in comparison but I really love the quality of Orvis products. They also do not stain the white seats at all. Have had my dog in the car after swims in the lake, etc, and never a leak or issue. And simply throw it in the washer when needed and it has never lost quality. So for a premium model this one is really the best I've ever used. Amazon one I had previously fell apart after 6 months.

Orvis.com Mobile Site
Which size did you get for your Model 3?

Orvis.com Mobile Site

Orvis all the way. Those cheap Amazon dog hammocks wouldn’t last 3 months against my 90 pound Labrador.

Reactions: webbah
Which size did you get for your Model 3?

Large fits perfectly! I also bought the "Tru Fit Smart Harness".

Here's another item that is great if you take your dogs to the beach or anywhere they get dirty and you want a quick clean on the go:

RinseKit® POD (Sprays 3:30 minutes)

Comes in so handy. Washing the dog, mountain bike, taking a quick shower after surfing, or quickly washing off road grime/salt from the car at a rest stop.