Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogecoin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today Tu 08:05 am EST Doge +26%
FIN.EMSK.Crypto.Doge.jpg

Duplicating here my post from the main thread in case it gets zapped by our overzealous Mods, since I dared mention BTC and dogecoin in that post as possibly legitimate endeavors from Elon battling the evil forces (SUGB)

I found the report and downloaded it and I'll admit it was a struggle to read and understand even the sections that I decided to focus on - Executive Summary and Recommendations. The gist is that they have tried to analyze a subset of the financial institutions to assess the amount of carbon emissions they are financing. And then make recommendations on how to address the (obvious) large numbers they identified. I would be interested in seeing some of the very smart folks on this thread help tease out the significance of this analysis and how useful their recommendations are. I suspect that this type of discussion belongs in an Off Topic category - perhaps under Climate Change. The heading is of course dramatic and designed to grab one's attention and if true would of course be relevant to Tesla investors. Not sure where to draw the line between an analysis that belongs here and more detailed ones that belong elsewhere. In case, I'm not being clear - I need help to understand what to do with this besides just saying, "it's interesting."
Not at all OT IMHO, this report "The Global Emissions of the US Financial Sector" @Curt Renz mentioned is very relevant to Tesla, altho I recall postings of mine delving in that area being zapped by our zealous mods (maybe wisely so, can't recall how carefully I'd written these up).

TESLA.TMC.FInReport2.jpg

This is:

1. Informational: this report details precisely who is opposing Tesla, ie the people and companies funding the anti Tesla FUD, directly or indirectly, call them the SUGB (Suicidal Unaware Greedy Bastards); the impending crisis, what should be done about it, something the US isn't doing and shouldn't be Tesla's responsibility.

2. Important for Tesla investors to understand. This may still be useful for the benefit of new TMC members here, saving them time to catch up. When I first joined a few years ago I had no idea. There is a cold war brewing between Tesla and the SUGB, and against all odds Tesla is winning it. Tesla can no longer be so easily destroyed (like Solar City was, via Wall Street, as so well explained by our own @Jesselivenomore ) - mostly because it now has ample cash reserves *and* at least one solid non-US base, the Shanghai Gigafactory, out of reach of the US based SUGB. Tesla is in line with the Chinese government interests as they want to reduce pollution and dependence on foreign oil, plus happy to increase their own technical prowess in the EV field.

So good luck trying to flex the Chinese, although some would say we are trying. Note, we don't encounter much opposition when imposing our rules to Mexico or other LA countries, altho some might not agree - see also this historical recap (Mods, if this pushes your buttons, feel free to delete this paragraph)

There are many ways this can develop - best case scenario, a majority of large funds decide to boycott these financial entities or force regulations along the lines put forth in that report, so going one step further than just stopping investments in fossil fuel industries like Harvard's $42B endowment fund recently did. Worst case scenario, something really really bad impacts Tesla, I have no clues, but black swans do exist.

Middling scenario, the FUD as we know it - POTUS and other politicians ignoring, mis-representing or bashing Tesla /EMSK, Wall Street heavies delaying TSLA's true valuation while grabbing money off mis-informed investors continues. Our government lying to help the oil & gas industry, while mouthing support for the burning environmental issue. Or plain wastefully, for special interests' gains, stopping their own government funded initiatives that would have modernized our power grid, reducing costs for consumers while making our power grid more stable. Abroad in Germany, same with difference being the local environmental color added.

Other related thoughts ..

With the SP again down significantly while we (well here at TMC) know full well this is complete manipulation - it is a reminder we really need to push for a rational/ modern upgrade of our stock markets. If our politicians/ leaders don't want to get to this (probably because they are personally profiting from our arcane/ obscure current system, forgetting why they were elected), it will be forced by some competing entity. TBH it might well be the Chinese again, as they did with the LME and soon SDR ; Gold is no longer freely manipulatable, and -unless drastic changes happen in our system, which is not likely - TSLA also won't be so easily manipulatable when that trend (e-Yuan etc) continues.

So, (very) long term, super bullish for Tesla - why try and gain exposure through Chinese indexed funds when TSLA does that just as well, nay, better because it isn't speculative like their housing industry. Germany also won't be able to block Berlin's progress forever... and eventually Tesla also will get some investments in Russia, insulating itself from all major/dangerous powers.

To think Elon figured all this out "on the job" while fighting deadlines and technical issues right and left under pressure, and so few people understand this - am so happy Elon did /does what he does. This may also explain his support for Doge and Bitcoin as less than an eccentric out of line excursion.

Timely: For once Time isn't FUD 'ing Elon - Why Elon Musk Will Go Down in History

EMSK.Time.Isaacson.jpg

Edit: grammar/ readability / link to Financial Sector Emissions report & illustration added for completeness

Reactions: Skipdd
1:15 - Roger admitted that Dogecoin could be the winner.

Roger is pushing Bitcoin Cash. No mention of Lightning network (bitcoin in smaller denominations etc) which I thought was taking over from Bitcoin Cash and is being used in El Salvador.

Warning - watching the whole interview could convert you to a full blown libertarian. Not that he converted Dave.

Can I ask what people use as trading platforms and wallets for Dogecoin? Complete noob and been considering buying a few £100 worth just to sit on for a while for a bit of fun.

Have googled the topic but direct experiences feedback would be great.

Many thanks!