Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogs in a Model S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the Celebrity thread, right?

Well, Bo was seen in his P85 yesterday at the new Supercharger opening.

You do know Bo, right? Everybody* knows Borealis
*All 17 humans who live within the 40,000 square miles surrounding his home. Plus some other Alaskans.

He's been in a Jeep commercial (sorry, TMC. Where were you?); and when the Alaskan Malamute was voted as Alaska's Official State Dog, he was chosen to be the poster child...
More pix here:Arizona Superchargers - Page 16
And here he is, bored as any other celebrity:

IMG_0900.JPG

A little update:
We had to return a few days ago to Cactus Window & Tint to get the windshield's film replaced....upshot of it was I got the accolade "Well, you won First Place". Wary of the set-up that obviously was coming, I asked, cringing, "In what?"

"That's the dirtiest Tesla I've ever seen!" Even with our blankets in place, what two malamutes and their endless hair do to any vehicle's interior is, indeed, something else.

And in other news, poor Borealis has had a truly wretched 2014. Here he is yesterday, in further consequence of his New Year's Eve fall. That's inclusive of a bone marrow transplant. Tesla-related in that its rear door is far more patient-friendly than, say, the pickup's rear door would have been:
DSC_7220.jpg

Jumped or fell off a 4-5 foot retaining wall and evidently landed wrong. New Year's Eve afternoon. Dead ruined our plans for that evening, and a month of convalescence (including horrific near-fatal reaction to meds) showed he'd not heal, so off to splint-&-graft surgery. Poor fella. But 36 hours after surgery, he's already bouncing back and little to no more whimpering about the pain. He's a real Buddha and a real trooper.

Jumped or fell off a 4-5 foot retaining wall and evidently landed wrong. New Year's Eve afternoon. Dead ruined our plans for that evening, and a month of convalescence (including horrific near-fatal reaction to meds) showed he'd not heal, so off to splint-&-graft surgery. Poor fella. But 36 hours after surgery, he's already bouncing back and little to no more whimpering about the pain. He's a real Buddha and a real trooper.
Eep and awesome.

Get well fuzzy buddy. You'll be back in the Northern snow soon enough!

Best wishes to Borealis. It takes courage to love life companions knowing they will have shorter lifespans than our own, but seeing them in pain is a different ordeal. Glad to hear he's better.

(We're waiting for a MX to take our Pyrenean Mastiffs around. Could use the advice on fabric options, some seem designed to attract & retain hair- and there's enough of it by weight to increase our kWh/mile.)

Sorry to hear about Bo's injury but happy he's recovering. My dog is the very best companion a guy could have.

I always think of the joke answer to "What do you want on your tombstone." Answer, "I hope I was half the man my dog thought I was." :)

My 85 lb long hair german shepherd LOVES my MS. Its easier for her to get into than the X5, and with the seats down she can be closer to me than in the way back of the SUV. I have the following, which has nice adjustable 'loops' that can go over the front seat headrests, OR over the backseat headrests if you don't want the seats down (she can barely stand up in the way back though....so, I haven't left her back there yet). It reaches all the way to the back and even slightly covers the bumper for added protection in/out. The sides go up the wheel wells, though I'm thinking of adding some velcro to hold it a bit better.

Amazon.com: Deluxe Quilted and Padded Cargo Liner Taupe - One Size Fits All 52L: Pet Supplies

I got this one too, but haven't tried it yet. They were offering a $5 add-on rate that I couldn't pass up.
Amazon.com: Oxgord SUV and Van Cargo Liner Beds for Pets, Black: Pet Supplies

If you keep the windows/roof closed, you don't get THAT much dog hair everywhere....but if you have a dog, you're used to that anyway :)

- - - Updated - - -

Attempting to show picture....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 701
Last edited: