Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doing a brake job myself help please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on attempting a break job this weekend .I also am thinking about painting the brake calipers. I have yet to find any instructions or videos on how to do this if anyone knows of any please send me a link. If I do not find any I may make a video of me doing this thanks for any help.

I have done a couple. Just changing the pads. I have some close friends that are willing to help.Going to call the local service center today see how hard it will be.
I had my fingers crossed for a diy video but so far no luck.
The brakes are standard Brembos, common across multiple vehicles.

Apparently, the fronts are the same as a Mitsubishi Evo 8, and the rear are the same as a Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't fool with the local service center for parts.

Are you upgrading or just replacing with the same or equivalent ? I ask because I am at 142k miles and my brake pads still look brand new with tons of pad left. I have a hard time believing brake pads need replacement unless you love riding your brakes for some reason...
I am at 45,000 but they just started grinding .
142 is sweet. I talked to another guy who was a 100,000 on his first set.

I hope you have some training in auto mechanic as a brake job involves in the life and death related safety.
I was wondering how long it would take, I didn't think it would be the first reply though!

ah TMC... the only car forum on the internet that is outright hostile towards car enthusiasts.

Go look at the forums for ANY other car, and most of the content is on how to modify the car. This forum? you suggest modifying anything and you're instantly told that it's illegal and it'll kill you.

The only approved topic to discuss around here is how great Elon is and whether the next version will include your desired change (because changing it yourself is "illegal", "immoral", and "kills baby seals"...)