Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dolby surround gone on MCU1 AP2.5 2017 Oct build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017.06 Model X, noticed Dolby option is replaced with new immersive sound, I thought this is only for MCU2 cars, tried to switch between off, standard and high, no changes at all on the sound, and then did a reset, Dolby option came back. But few days later, immersive sound setting is there again. The only thing I can tell is when immersive sound setting is there, the volume of the music is noticeable lower than the Dolby at the same volume level.

July 2017 MX AP2.0, MCU1

I am experiencing the SAME exactly bug. Yesterday morning, I had the immersive sound options and noticed that the volume levels were down somewhat - almost like negative gain.

Today, after I did a reset for an unrelated reason, I noticed that I have Dolby again but it was turned off. I turned it back on and the sound was pretty loud and decent.

Immersive Sound is certainly fine - but I think that the "standard" setting is ideal. Too much filtering on the highest Immersive Sound setting.

On my 2017 Model S with 2018.42.2, I too have to keep re-enabling the Dolby Surround. I haven't seen it switch to immersive. Anyone get feedback from Tesla/service center on this issue? They wanted to send mobile service to my car but I'm pretty confident this is a firmware bug related to V9. Never had this issue prior.

On my 2017 Model S with 2018.42.2, I too have to keep re-enabling the Dolby Surround. I haven't seen it switch to immersive. Anyone get feedback from Tesla/service center on this issue? They wanted to send mobile service to my car but I'm pretty confident this is a firmware bug related to V9. Never had this issue prior.
This is definitely a firmware bug, with so many of us experiencing it. I'm noticing the same as you; no Immersive, but Dolby keeps switching itself off.

MCU's been acting up lately. Glad to find this thread.

Just got "Immersive Sound" instead of Dolby today. Didn't get a chance to play with it, but I do know Dolby affected some songs, but I hardly noticed little difference playing classical or instrumental (preferred to have it off).

I personally noticed that dolby has been messed up since the last few software releases for me. Turning on dolby almost always takes away the oomph / punchiness in the sound. I was playing around with it and the fade/balance setting. If you push the balance all the way to the rear seat, you will notice that on dolby off : the passenger door speakers work and things sound as you would expect. On dolby on, the passenger door speakers turn off and only the trunk speakers work and these are super faint. So, now, if your balance is set to the centre, on dolby on, the sound seems to sound less punchy/less full because I feel two of the speakers are turning off. When you fine tune the balance from the back slowly towards the front, at a certain point close to the passenger seats, all speakers turn on with the dolby on setting. This finally restores the quality that was suddenly lost in the last couple of software updates.

If anyone wants a video demo of what I am talking about, I can make a video of it.

I've noticed this problem on my MS as well. If I switch input (phone to streaming) it always turns off. I check it regularly now to see where it's at. I *THINK* its input switching that turns it off.