Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dollar Amounts "off" on my account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm paying for most of my Tesla in cash, with a small loan to supplement. I put in my bank account for the cash piece of things, and Tesla debited the full amount that I planned to pay in cash. The money is definitely no longer in my account. However, the website still says I owe a significantly larger dollar figure than the loan amount - as if I only put down $2k in cash. As is apparently typical, I can't get ahold of anyone at Tesla to ask about this. Has anyone run into this before and should I be concerned?

Assuming your loan is arranged through tesla... Have you tried emailing the finance department at [email protected] to see if they can help? Since part of your purchse is financed they should be able to see transactions and/or put you in touch with the right department.
Actually, because I'm in Texas, none of my loan is being done through Tesla. And, actually, it's the cash dollar amount that I paid that's being reflected incorrectly online, so....any advice?

OK, i finally talked to someone from Tesla and figured this out. It WAS a big mistake on their part - they had mixed up my financial information with someone else's, and it's a good thing I caught it, because all kinds of bad things were about to happen - a) the other person was about to get their vehicle with my cash payment, and b) my delivery date was about to be delayed for non-payment. Seriously, YIKES. Amateur hour, and completely terrifying for a company that insists on doing all of their payments online. The good news is that they have my actual payment on file, and they are fixing the error now, so it likely won't impact my delivery date. Maybe. I'll have to scramble to get the bank loan docs signed quickly, but that's do-able.