Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dolly towing a Model Y behind a motorhome?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently flat tow a Cadillac SRX behind my motorhome, I own a Model X that cannot be towed that way. But If I bought a Model Y rear wheel drive I could buy a tow dolly and back the Y on the dolly and tow that way. Is anyone doing that on this forum? Wondering how the front bumper will survive being towed backwards like that? Any issues I need to know about before I go spend some cash??

I currently flat tow a Cadillac SRX behind my motorhome, I own a Model X that cannot be towed that way. But If I bought a Model Y rear wheel drive I could buy a tow dolly and back the Y on the dolly and tow that way. Is anyone doing that on this forum? Wondering how the front bumper will survive being towed backwards like that? Any issues I need to know about before I go spend some cash??

I don't see any technical reason why that wouldn't work. The trick will be finding a RWD Y, which were only sold as SR models for a very brief period of time.

Reactions: kayak1
I would like to see the ability to flat-tow a Tesla behind my motorhome. I currently have a Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid that I flat tow by putting in neutral and pushing a button.
If Tesla could implement that, I would love to trade-in for a Tesla.

I would like to see the ability to flat-tow a Tesla behind my motorhome. I currently have a Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid that I flat tow by putting in neutral and pushing a button.
If Tesla could implement that, I would love to trade-in for a Tesla.
You can buy a 1500lb aluminum 2axle trailer. A trailer will be the only way to tow a tesla behind your RV.