TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dome light spontaneously came on

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by WMAC, Dec 28, 2015.

1. WMAC

WMAC Member

Not sure if I hit a button or if this was a glitch in the Matrix, but, I floored it and all the dome lights came on. They were on auto and would turn off from the console, but, always turned back on when turned off and back to auto. I assume a door closed sensor thought a door opened, but, not indicator on dash. It resolved itself after off/on again. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. green1

green1 Active Member

Haven't seen it in the Tesla, but in my mini-van that happened all the time if the tailgate wasn't quite fully latched (first latch instead of second) Make sure everything is closed tightly, otherwise when you accelerate the hatch is pulled away from the vehicle slightly by inertia and it may be enough to fool a sensor.

3. WMAC

WMAC Member

Yeah, I'm guessing the sudden acceleration/lateral g made a kid lean against the door and fool the sensor.

4. BostonS85D

BostonS85D Member

I had it happen to me. Turning it off worked, but when I switched it back to auto, the lights came on. It happened at night and was very annoying. It took 2 or 3 reboots (not sure which screen) until it went back to normal.

5. WMAC

WMAC Member

Same, but came back without a reboot. Strange behavior for sure. Interesting to see I'm not the only one.