Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dome light switch messed up after touchscreen reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dflye

S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814
Oct 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Bit of backstory leading up to an issue I haven't heard of anyone else reporting...

Was having issues with the navigation system tonight where the display on the touchscreen wouldn't refresh by itself, but would at least repaint with current location / ETA if I selected a different app and then reselected the nav app. Attempts to pan the map only moved the red "current location" arrow around the screen.

During the drive, I reset the touchscreen multiple times in an attempt to clear up the nav display issue (unfortunately that never cleared up.) While at a rest area and fiddling around trying to get my ChargePoint card activated to enable a free charger, did a touchscreen reset while I had the driver's side dome light on.

After that, the driver's side dome light's tactile push-on / push-off functionality stopped working. :eek:

The light itself is fine (as it comes on using the touchscreen control to turn on all dome lights or when I open the car door), but I can't manually turn the silly thing on now without turning on all dome lights at once using the touchscreen controls! :crying:

Anyone else had problems with a dome light's switch mechanism?

It's great to hear your issues.
You are not alone.
My car started acting up Monday night.
The navigation system would not update.
And the cursor would move like you described.

I have opened a troubled case with the Los Angeles service center.
Showed them the car this morning.
They pulled the fuse for the display and reset the whole thing.
That did not help my situation at all.

I have also sent an e-mail to the factory asking for help.
My sound system is not streaming either.

It feels like the caches need to be cleaned or something.
I have multiple bars but can move very little data through 3G.

I'm feeling like I should give them back the big ipad it's starting to feel like it's going to be nothing but trouble.
I'm an early adopter so I'm willing to go a few rounds on this.
But I'd like to see some support.

I would recommend you contact your service center and the factory reporting your condition.

My software level is 15.14

Ended up just being odd coincidence on when it cropped up, basically the parts of the fixture had got out of alignment so that the mechanism wouldn't operate properly. Can't recall if the tech replaced it or just corrected it to line up properly; either way it was just a few minutes work.