Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Domoticz Home Automation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone use Domoticz I have one of the 1st gen Raspberry Pi and a 433Hhz Tx/Rx controlling bits a bobs around the home including my Tado central heating via their API. Had a go at adding the open/close charge port but had no joy 'learning' the signal so I thought I'd see if there had been any dev work re using the Tesla API - woop woop there she blows without any Level Pro Geekery!
Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 15.12.06.png

Another thumbs up for HomeAssistant, its supports a LOT of things.

I have an RFXtrx running all my Somfy blinds, Z-Wave through Aeotec Stick and Conbee II stick dealing with Zigbee (hue lights) and it has been very reliable running on a VMWare ESXI VM.

Tesla

Reactions: Bobly
Another thumbs up for HomeAssistant, its supports a LOT of things.

I have an RFXtrx running all my Somfy blinds, Z-Wave through Aeotec Stick and Conbee II stick dealing with Zigbee (hue lights) and it has been very reliable running on a VMWare ESXI VM.

Tesla

+1

plus you could even add another container running adriankumpf/teslamate if you want to go deeper than the default Homeassistant support.

Any views on HomeAssistant vs. OpenHAB?

personally, I find homeassistant to be the most actively developed and has the widest support/biggest community. Recently the latest releases have focused on making the whole thing much more accessible (moving more integrations into the GUI and relying less on manually configured YAML files). Also with the “Hassio” platform and Nabula Casa cloud services it’s one of the easiest to deploy now, but for the “power user” you can still get stuck in under the hood if desired.

• Informative
Reactions: LukeUK
Anyone use Domoticz I have one of the 1st gen Raspberry Pi and a 433Hhz Tx/Rx controlling bits a bobs around the home including my Tado central heating via their API. Had a go at adding the open/close charge port but had no joy 'learning' the signal so I thought I'd see if there had been any dev work re using the Tesla API - woop woop there she blows without any Level Pro Geekery!
View attachment 521990
I use the api's a lot. This guide to them is excellent.
Introduction