Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t put anything valuable in your frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my frunk might have been broken into at the service center. I am waiting for them to check the footage before I file a police report. Please don’t put anything valuable in there such as the chademo adapter or other personal identifiable information. I think I lost a few tools worth couple hundred bucks

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: J__T and Terthen
Here's the video:
I believe that release is there so the fire department can access the kill switch area to saw through to safely get people out of the car. I wish this was made more clear by Tesla, but thankfully I found a related thread on this forum.

How do people feel about cutting the emergency cord and/or super gluing the plastic piece permanently (gorilla glue) so it can't be removed so easily? Of course you'd lose the ability for the fire department to access the frunk in case of emergency, but is it worth it?

How do people feel about cutting the emergency cord and/or super gluing the plastic piece permanently (gorilla glue) so it can't be removed so easily? Of course you'd lose the ability for the fire department to access the frunk in case of emergency, but is it worth it?

It isn't there for the Fire Department to access the frunk, it's there for Emergency Workers to access the emergency battery shutoff. There are a number of situations where this may save lives.

On the other side, you've got another thread that says to store nothing in the trunk, because of the rear side window smash and grab issue going on. And of course you can't ever store anything in the main compartment. I'm surprised that people put kids in the car, because they could be kidnapped.

If someone wants to steal something from your car, they can do it, very easily.

If you've got something expensive that you have to store in the car, honestly, the frunk is the best place. It's the only place that can be stolen from without creating damage to the car. Anywhere else, not only do you have to replace the stolen items, but you have to repair the car.

Reactions: Bogobec and Kuhz

Let me think about that for a second. So to protect some "stuff" I've put in the frunk, do I think it's a good idea to risk the emergency services not being able to access the frunk when lives are potentially at stake? mmmm..... no I don't think so really.

A much better solution is not to leave valuables in the frunk or actually any part of the car in a dodgy part of town.

Reactions: Bogobec