Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t think much of these new stall designs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is all kinds of wrong to nose my car in just about anywhere, but these pylons make it so it is always as awkward as when both sides crowd your spot.
In general I agree. I far prefer backing into spots.

The SuC at the SC in Dedham, MA is oriented like this, requiring you to nose in. I, too, dislike it. But I park and plug-in correctly for the SuC.

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
In general I agree. I far prefer backing into spots.

The SuC at the SC in Dedham, MA is oriented like this, requiring you to nose in. I, too, dislike it. But I park and plug-in correctly for the SuC.
I put fourth that modest suggestion that it’s time to make a little noise about this suckage.

PS Pains were taken to ensure this wasn’t an inconvenience to anyone but my kid, who I have move out in of frame so I could angle the shot to miss the Xs plate.

Not all SCs have bump stops, so people were probably hitting the SC when backing in, which is why they moved it to the side. Either way it's pretty easy. If the SC is at the back --> back in. If it's in the front --> nose in. Either way it you get out of your car and have to think about it, you're probably parked wrong.

Reactions: Tron 3
Or maybe just a little bit of a common sense. Do we really need signs for obvious things?
Well, yes.... sometimes things are not so obvious :D

Attachments

• falling-cow-sign.png
    falling-cow-sign.png
    353.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Funny-Signs-Drunken-40.jpg
    Funny-Signs-Drunken-40.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 58
  • Funny
Reactions: Dr. J
I tried to back into the Denton, TX charger the first time (the one in the pic) before I realized that the charging tower was in the wrong spot and I needed to pull in... I use the one in Ardmore, OK all the time (the other one shown).

I did not like the Denton, TX location at all. The supercharger towers out in the parking space makes you have to back way out before you can cut the turn. It was a cramped parking lot to start with and it was really a pain. Makes me appreciate the back in variety.

Sure, in Lake Wobegone. But in the real world, many folks have little common sense (and need a little help to do the right thing).
hmmmm, yup, mom used to say "Common sense is the most uncommon kind of sense"...… but she might have gotten that saying somewhere else. Fortunately, we have a lot of Tesla drivers with good common sense and don't need signs, BUT..... I have seen some crazy ways of charging at these types of layouts, including a driver that was parked perpendicular and TOTALLY embarrassed when I politely pointed out the proper way to park at it. Face was red as a beet.

Sure, in Lake Wobegone. But in the real world, many folks have little common sense (and need a little help to do the right thing).
Yup, in Lake Wobegone everyone reading the OP would have realized the driver was the opposite of confused and was taking a satirical swipe at these nose-in bastardizations.

PS Another pic for all my fans! Catching some late-day sun off the Deep Space.

CC0672B8-1386-433A-A261-C1C552619912.jpeg

For those caring souls concerned about the impact on others; Please note I’m blocking antelope, boar, goats, or whatever other large fauna lurks in OK ditches, for leaping out in front of the other hypothetical users of this SC.

8A82E8B4-2F3F-4BF0-98E4-98173B45D604.jpeg

Last edited: