Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t think much of these new stall designs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now Musk is just trolling me. You really want I nose in, do ya? Well let me tell you how that’s going to happen...

548C1DC3-C288-4C01-B67C-D88761675C64.jpeg

In Empty America. ;) I’m headed to the Sound of Silence rally.

My real motive here is to keep my spirits up, I’ve got a couple intimidating uphill leaps ahead of me. Either my LR D is a 300 mi vehicle, or it is not. About to find out. :p
It is if you drive slow enough!

If arrival charge > 10% increase set speed.
If arrival charge < 10% decrease set speed.

Good luck!

It is if you drive slow enough!

If arrival charge > 10% increase set speed.
If arrival charge < 10% decrease set speed.

Good luck!
Thanks. Yeah, I’ll be fighting myself here. ;) “Go slower” doesn’t come natural.

271 mi on the map, 650m elev rise, overnight low of 6C. It is going to be on the raggity edge, I’ll need to walk lightly from the start. Probably SC then “cheat” a couple blocks away on a J-1774 for a bit to mitigate any SC induced HVAC loses.

Good luck. Chill mode and drafting are your friend (one 244 mi journey in LR RWD model 3 in Missouri starting at 10 C declining to 0 C 30 mph headwind with sleet). Started with 97% supercharge and arrived with 3% and a newfound respect for range anxiety especially in/around Arkansas.

Reactions: SammichLover
Forecast has shifted towards early morning rain. After charging may make the audible call to “Brave Sir Robin” & go the long way around.

Good news is Hays SC at Applebee’s was correct orientation, WTF Tesla news is no wheel stops. :eek:

Yup, in Lake Wobegone everyone reading the OP would have realized the driver was the opposite of confused and was taking a satirical swipe at these nose-in bastardizations.

PS Another pic for all my fans! Catching some late-day sun off the Deep Space.

View attachment 408618

For those caring souls concerned about the impact on others; Please note I’m blocking antelope, boar, goats, or whatever other large fauna lurks in OK ditches, for leaping out in front of the other hypothetical users of this SC.

View attachment 408623
That is a cool color. Park it any damn way you want :D

• Funny
Kinda confusing & awkward to use.

View attachment 408387

Also seems it might create some traffic congestion in the area?

You'd think having your car stick out into the driving path would be obvious to people. Not even all the way in the space another big clue. The owner spends all that money on a custom color wrap and doesn't know how to charge. Pretty funny but not.

OMG it was your car. Was this done as a joke photo? If not you need to learn to use the back up camera to back in. And when you see chargers out in the front like that it's because they are pull-in spaces. All of the early chargers were that way and Tesla probably found it easier and less costly to align all the chargers in a line across a single strip and have people back in to the spot.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Nose in sucks, the 3’s wheels especially are very friendly to backing in.

That these pylons create unnecessary obstacles is the clincher.

If we were driving 1970 Towncars the math would be different

Tesla drivers looking to charge have been pulling in, front first, for years...as well as ICE cars that drive front first into regular parking spots. We have a lot of older SC locations here in the bay area and I've never seen people have a problem pulling in. In fact it's usually the new Model 3 owners who seem to have the problem backing into spots. You can always spot a newbie by how smoothly they back into a charging spot. I've seen a few newbies trying to look over their shoulder and at the side view mirror instead of the back up camera. Understandable auto reflex action from years of driving but for some it takes a few times to get comfortable using the camera but either way is pretty easy.

In Empty America. ;) I’m headed to the Sound of Silence rally.

My real motive here is to keep my spirits up, I’ve got a couple intimidating uphill leaps ahead of me. Either my LR D is a 300 mi vehicle, or it is not. About to find out. :p

Really? You've never figured out that range is dependent on several things? It is. Number one is SPEED. If you slow down, you can absolutely make 300 miles. The second large draw on range is uphill elevation change.

Try going up highway 80 from Sacramento to Truckee (which I'm sure you know is just a few miles from "Yup". Do 80 mph (like many do). You will gain 7000 feet. Guess what. Your 300 mile range is worth about 150.

Yeah, you'll find out.

• Funny