Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t use hand sanitizer on your 15” screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used it to clean the screen, and while it certainly didn’t damage the actual screen, it momentarily (about a minute or two) made the screen functions go wonky. Like I was pressing multiple areas at once. Kept doing it until it thoroughly dries, or you wipe it off.

No damage, but likely not a good option on the screen. Note the sanitizer has 70% alcohol.

cheers.

There are many different articles on what to use and what not to use on a phone screen. Now Apple states ok to use clorox wipes. Even Samsung says you can use 70% alcohol to wipe down your phone. It use to be known that any chemical like ammonia or alcohol could damage the protective layer of screens. Maybe we'll see something from Tesla on screen cleaning.

Help keep coronavirus off your phone: How to disinfect your device without damaging it

Why would you do this?
I don't know why anyone would do that. Sanitize your hands! I use a microfiber to clean prints from the screen.

Are you really asking why I’m sanitizing my screen during a COVID outbreak ?

Ive been sanitizing everything I can. The question is why would you NOT Do that as an added precaution. You touch the screen multiple times every time you drive.
Even if your hands are sanitized, the risk is there.

There is your why. :)

Are you really asking why I’m sanitizing my screen during a COVID outbreak ?

Ive been sanitizing everything I can. The question is why would you NOT Do that as an added precaution. You touch the screen multiple times every time you drive.
Even if your hands are sanitized, the risk is there.

There is your why. :)

lol....

Maybe because Hand Sanitizer is for your...hands.

It's in the name.

There are plenty of anti-bacterial car cleaning products available that you can use.

Reactions: not4antoher
lol....

Maybe because Hand Sanitizer is for your...hands.

It's in the name.

There are plenty of anti-bacterial car cleaning products available that you can use.

Thanks Captain Obvious. :)
Not sure about your area, but there are NO wipes available anywhere here that are effective on this virus.

All we have that has 70% alcohol is hand sanitizer. I wipe it off, but it still makes the screen temporality wonky.

I used it to clean the screen, and while it certainly didn’t damage the actual screen, it momentarily (about a minute or two) made the screen functions go wonky. Like I was pressing multiple areas at once. Kept doing it until it thoroughly dries, or you wipe it off.

No damage, but likely not a good option on the screen. Note the sanitizer has 70% alcohol.

cheers.
there is a product called "whoosh" on the market for cleaning screens,non toxic and alcohol free. made in toronto canada

The manual says to use a dry cloth that is not statically charged.
RTFM.PNG

Last edited: