Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t Wait to be Notified for FSD Camera Upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I’ve been periodically nagging Tesla about the free FSD camera upgrade for my 2017 MX since last year. I’d set up a service appointment that was later canceled by the SC because they didn’t have the parts. I was told repeatedly that I’d be notified when the parts were available.

This time I set the appointment, it stuck! I’m getting my camera upgrade on 5/9. No notification! Those if you still waiting, start making service appointments for this instead of waiting for the notification.

Probably a big mistake posting this advice. Just watch this thread for the next couple weeks. Same thing happened a few months ago and set off a sh1tstorm here. A very small number of people were successful but many more were just frustrated.

Absolutely not. I dropped out of the FSD beta program after the camera retrofit announcement. Could I have received the camera update earlier if I stayed in? Only Elon knows.
Does that mean you were able to opt-in for FSD beta even before the camera upgrade? I have 2017 MX HW3, eMMC2. Camera upgrade pending. I do not see the option to opt-in for FSD Beta.

I bought FSD two years ago, and I was working thru the safety score process to qualify for the beta software when Elon announced the camera upgrade that my vehicle required for it. I didn’t actually get the beta software then, and I’m now going to wait for the full release. I found the safety score process to be too stressful and actually forced me to drive in a dangerous manner.

I hear you! It was a sigh of relief when I got FSD beta my 2022 Model Y. I had to wait with a score of 98 for a week. It sure it the wait time is longer for older MXs.
As for my 2017 MX, maybe it is good that I do not have the option to opt-in for FSD beta ;). It is hard to maintain the safety score indefinitely, in my case at least until I get my cameras upgraded.