Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Done: installed two Tesla Model Y (& Model 3) Rear Seat Folding Table

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen this mentioned around here (especially WRT working in the car) before but no installs. I pulled the trigger on two and have gotten them fully installed. Bought them from tesmanian (undisclosed bonus, they include the wireless charging pads).

IMG_20220810_095855.jpgIMG_20220810_095229.jpgIMG_20220810_090527.jpgIMG_20220810_084735.jpg

Some notes:

1. Slowest part: The mounting plate the seat back attaches to is a small PITA to get into position and then line up with four screws to secure it.
2. Didnt fully hook up wireless charging: would have take apart dash to tap power & wireless charging is too slow IMHO. I installed the wires in case I'm daring enough to do it in the future.
3. The seat on the right is dropped into its lowest position, placing a laptop on it can work for short bursts but it'll be an awkward angle for your arms. Tablet? no problem.
4. As an extra surface for drinks, food, books, etc - its a great add on. The storage pocket below is friendlier than OEM
5. They intrude >maybe< another inch or so farther out than OEM, no biggie.

HEPAKing on youtube has the install video (tesmanian just links to it).

it looks like the actual working area is small for placing a laptop. for drinks and snacks for the kiddos, they look good.
Yep, propping a 13” laptop there is OK if your attending meetings, watching videos etc. Typing would be uncomfortable quickly. Tilting the seat back another 5-10 degrees helps.

However a tablet with keyboard works well ( also good for entertaining kiddos )