Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Done with Tesla Model Y Performance after 2000km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that San Francisco became a "State".
View attachment 931215
You lost me. You were citing NY as being bad for vehicle-related crimes. Neither the State nor the City is at the top. In fact, NYC is at the bottom of the 100 largest cities for all crimes.

Basically smash and grab crime is endemic to any city with a large itinerant population, mostly because of drug addiction which is fueled by the need for quick cash.

1682292436334-png.931215

Bakersfield (population 400,000) and Yuba City (population 70,000) are farming areas.
Stolen cars are mostly used by seasonal workers to go back home.

This is a well known problem, but not something to be considered
as a criminal or vandalism activity like in the downtown of major US cities.

Totally agree, I have the same problems with the cameras, and the fsd is laughable at best if it hadn’t cost so much, the true fanboy would say ‘yes but it’s improving all the time’ I can confirm this is absolute rubbish, recently I’ve started just turning the whole thing off sometimes the less interference from the car the better especially in city’s.
People don’t like to hear opinions that don’t agree with the whole Tesla image mentality, before I bought my m3p I test drive the Y for 20 minutes, that was enough for me to know I wouldn’t be happy with it certainly not at that price, knock 20% off and your probably in the right ball park (and I still wouldn’t want it)
BMW and I’m going to say Mercs are in a different class of car, that’s where I go wrong is I still compare the two, Teslas just so damn ugly 😂
Sad but true even after my love for Tesla! It’s ONLY when you pay 55k or more for MY. I get why 7500$ rebate is so big. I really hope Tesla fixes these issues (build quality, fast effective service, 3rd party ecosystem around upgrading <3-5 year old Teslas that need tech upgrades where feasible). The bad noises - make it really bad experience even if you try to ignore and see other aspects of the car.

What I find really odd - why focus on space race and twitter - when you can improve your product and win so many more customers. I am still in Tesla camp (maintainability, parts issue around BMWs, Merc) - but feel this scale can tilt easily if these big reputable car makers come out with solid PHEV hybrid products (easing super charging pressure on them). There is so much more happening in EV space esp in next 5/10 years.

Even though I don’t have 2022 product - but it’s not hard to see why some recent owners would be left grumpy (missing on price cuts by few days) or running into these issues (rattle, phantom braking!, no USS). At least fix those issues as much as possible (than focus on launching largest rockets)

• Love
Reactions: MD70 and sfRonH
Honestly, having driven performance Audis and BMWs, I find Tesla ownership a lot more economical lol.

That said, I would agree with almost everything OP said.

My gripe is the absent sensors / radar parts which render any features such as rear cross traffic alert impossible to implement properly. If Tesla adds a front bumper camera (rumor floating around), a 360 camera like the Rivian and a ton of other cars, and implements a true RCTA with sensors, I will be their customer for life but it does sound like the lack of these features aren't stopping literally millions from buying their cars, which is great, and only means that these features aren't considered "necessary" by masses. However, this RCTA has saved me a few times with crazing cross traffic flowing and when backing out. And the 360 camera is sublime to use and takes a lot of stress and anxiety out because there is already a screaming baby in the car lol.

Reactions: Jigglypuff
However, this RCTA has saved me a few times with crazing cross traffic flowing and when backing out. And the 360 camera is sublime to use and takes a lot of stress and anxiety out because there is already a screaming baby in the car lol.
While I will admit I miss having RCTA, I have never had an accident involving rear cross traffic in almost 50 years driving, most of which there was no RCTA available in cars. Most likely the cross traffic will honk, stop or both, so you have an alert while backing out. Not to be argumentative, but some perspective?

And I agree Teslas without USS are still inferior in parking situations, whether or not they can make vision only work we'll see. That said, I have never fully trusted parking sensors on any car that I have owned. It's a helpful reminder/alert if you're getting close to something, but the driver knows what's ahead better than most sensors?

Pricing is no longer a factor these days. I leased an EQS450+ for my dad with 4K down at 650/month. It's a 110K+ car!

I am looking forward to returning our MYLR to pick up an EQS580 SUV soon...but to be honest, I keep coming back to comparing a MXLR, though I am starting to hate Elon as a person...

Pricing is no longer a factor these days. I leased an EQS450+ for my dad with 4K down at 650/month. It's a 110K+ car!

I am looking forward to returning our MYLR to pick up an EQS580 SUV soon...but to be honest, I keep coming back to comparing a MXLR, though I am starting to hate Elon as a person...
Are you buying the product or supporting a political party? I could care less what he does, says, or thinks…Hes a brilliant outspoken man in the world spotlight. We don’t know much about him to be honest, only what we read/hear from the media that’s losing their reputation in a death spiral.

Respectfully, you (or almost everyone here!) likely have no idea what he’s like. Yes, you have formed an “opinion” of him which you’re entitled to. And I’ll also say that the reason you’re able to form such an opinion is that he’s talked about a lot on social media and has a social media presence and it is always polarizing like everything these days as we learned from the pandemic days.

What if Model Y Long Range were made by Jim Farley?

Sorry, who?

Exactly. :)

Just making a point. Not making an assumption that you didn’t know who Jim is.

Anyway, perhaps just hear out a different perspective. Nobody is a saint. The world runs just as much on brutality, ignorance, malice, malpractices, and corruption as much as it does on kindness, empathy, and compassion. What you choose to believe in is your personal deal, but it doesn’t necessarily make it true (or false). And if you start to boycott products based on how they’re made or who, you may need to start with the very phone in your hands. I assure you that the labor that is behind it is treated HORRIBLY.

Last edited:
Are you buying the product or supporting a political party? I could care less what he does, says, or thinks…Hes a brilliant outspoken man in the world spotlight. We don’t know much about him to be honest, only what we read/hear from the media that’s losing their reputation in a death spiral.
I'd like to support an inclusive ideology, not one that he presents himself as on his own company's feed.

I'd like to support an inclusive ideology, not one that he presents himself as on his own company's feed.
What’s the difference with what Elon does/says on his feed versus what you post on here? I’m fine with you and your opinion as well as Elon’s…that’s where liberalism falls short, their “inclusive ideology” only includes others that support their opinions and beliefs. I’ve said enough now…back to the cars!!!

It's totally reasonable to avoid a product because you don't like the politics and actions of a company.
That’s my point…it’s not the politics of the company or the actions of the company but rather a single man that happens to be the CEO and largest shareholder. You cannot compare Tesla as a company with the likes of Disney, Nike, Starbucks, etc. These companies made their politics well known and I can understand why someone would not want to do business with them again or even why someone would be drawn to them in agreement. However Tesla has not done this!

That’s my point…it’s not the politics of the company or the actions of the company but rather a single man that happens to be the CEO and largest shareholder. You cannot compare Tesla as a company with the likes of Disney, Nike, Starbucks, etc. These companies made their politics well known and I can understand why someone would not want to do business with them again or even why someone would be drawn to them in agreement. However Tesla has not done this!
Virtue signaling by those big corporations is equally dangerous and toxic.

Reactions: richyrich
Status
Not open for further replies.