Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dont be like me and make changes because of the wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i originally had a LR AWD Y w/ 19" sports rims preordered with the $2500 deposit. Yesterday i found out tesla changed the model y configuration and also changed the wheel offering. When i logged in, they switched my wheels to the 19" gemini's. Dont like how the looked and preferred the black induction wheels and since i didnt hear any other announcement i went ahead and changed my wheels to the black induction wheels and my price increased $1490 ($990 + $500 for the wheel difference). I shouldnt have made that edit.

Woke up today and found out people who had the 19" sports wheels originally selected, were automatically changed to the induction wheels with no price inflation. You bet i was livid. Anyways its on me for not waiting... kinda wish tesla would have notified me of them changing the wheels to induction as when i logged in last night they were the geminis. At this point i may just cancel my pre-order and wait til after initial production rounds to re-order since i no longer have anymore pre-order perks.

Call Tesla and see what do for you. They have been quite understanding with folks caught in weird price or equipment changes.

Is the a nation wide phone number? I tried contacting their chat but they told me to reach out to my local sales advisors.

I contacted my local sales advisor and he talked to his manager who said they couldn't edit pricing (this is Texas so direct sales isn't doable here too)

I emailed Tesla CS but no response yet.

So i originally had a LR AWD Y w/ 19" sports rims preordered with the $2500 deposit. Yesterday i found out tesla changed the model y configuration and also changed the wheel offering. When i logged in, they switched my wheels to the 19" gemini's. Dont like how the looked and preferred the black induction wheels and since i didnt hear any other announcement i went ahead and changed my wheels to the black induction wheels and my price increased $1490 ($990 + $500 for the wheel difference). I shouldnt have made that edit.

Woke up today and found out people who had the 19" sports wheels originally selected, were automatically changed to the induction wheels with no price inflation. You bet i was livid. Anyways its on me for not waiting... kinda wish tesla would have notified me of them changing the wheels to induction as when i logged in last night they were the geminis. At this point i may just cancel my pre-order and wait til after initial production rounds to re-order since i no longer have anymore pre-order perks.

i was changed to the induction wheels but my price went up $500. at this point i'm fine with it but it's definitely a little odd to have them change things seemingly at random

Wanted to give a update to those in my situation since i called the direct sales number with the 650 area code...

So come closer to delivery, like when you get a VIN, someone from sales will reach out to us and then price will be adjusted before finalizing the invoice. Apparently theres alot of people in my situation who kinda got screwed because of the change in configuration. He seemed like he genuinely knew what he was talking about so im hoping this isnt some BS.

Wanted to give a update to those in my situation since i called the direct sales number with the 650 area code...

So come closer to delivery, like when you get a VIN, someone from sales will reach out to us and then price will be adjusted before finalizing the invoice. Apparently theres alot of people in my situation who kinda got screwed because of the change in configuration. He seemed like he genuinely knew what he was talking about so im hoping this isnt some BS.

Interesting. Would it be acceptable to share that number here? I called the 888 Tesla number I have, and the person I spoke to knew less than the folks on this board about the Y and order adjustments.

Inside sales finally called me about my impending model Y delivery. She sees the note in my account but not sure about price adjustment even for the $990. She will check with higher ups but the tone of her voice didn't have much conviction. Yup this $1490 penalty sucks