Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't blow your $ on accessories before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All sorts of accessories here, and love them all. Listed in order of importance ;)
All Weather Floor Mats & Trunk Liner, SSD sentry drive, vinyl center console wrap (older console), Window tint, USB Hub, Cup holder sleeve, 12v Jumper pack, Trunk side cubbies, iPad holders on back of seat for kids, Performance pedals, Removable Hitch Cover, center console organizers, 2x Wireless Game controllers, blacked out badges, carbon cabin filter, Screen protector, Puddle Light upgrade, phone holder,

There not all necessary, but they are fun and do add to the experience of owning/operating/upgrading such a fun car.

Mostly it pairs well with the auto frunk. Also, the ability to lock your phone in the car. Its easy to toss to someone with no instructions (unlike the key card).

Opening the the trunks can be done easily by feel, no need to whip out a phone. Like if I want to open the frunk and both the key fob and phone are in my pocket, I can pop the frunk in literally 1 second with the key fob. The phone means I have to take it out of my pocket, unlock it, click a hot key, then press "ok" for confirmation.

also it looks cool... you can play with the little matchbox car if you want ;)
I ordered one yesterday! The Fob that is.

The accessories, in what has literally become the "box room", are pilling nicely. The car has a cover waiting and the fob will soon have its own cover too; in a fetching red.

Finally, I have come to understand the term " retail therapy".😊

Tomorrow sees the DNO inspection and fuse upgrade....but today! What to buy today?🤔

Oh yes! Why did I buy the fob?
( please keep your good reasons for buying it coming so that they can be incorporated in my justification list)

Why? Because it is just so cool that I could not resist it😎.

I ordered one yesterday! The Fob that is.

The accessories, in what has literally become the "box room", are pilling nicely. The car has a cover waiting and the fob will soon have its own cover too; in a fetching red.

Finally, I have come to understand the term " retail therapy".😊

Tomorrow sees the DNO inspection and fuse upgrade....but today! What to buy today?🤔

Oh yes! Why did I buy the fob?
( please keep your good reasons for buying it coming so that they can be incorporated in my justification list)

Why? Because it is just so cool that I could not resist it😎.
I hope you keep your key fob secured

Reactions: cojan666
I have 2 Tesla at home. Model 3 is 2 years old and Model Y is 6 months old. No screen protector on either one and I don't see the need for them. I also never put a screen protector on any of my iPhones. Screen is very easy to wipe clean with the cloth they provide.
The reason I put a screen protector on my MY is that some people have long fingernails and use that to tap the glass. Also, someone with a zipper might fling their jacket and hit the screen. I went with the Spigen clear glass because the matte slightly blurs everything.

They're the Tesla made trunk storage bins

I've heard they're also deep enough to hold a bottle of bourbon and keep it from sliding around.
These cubbies are great. They are very deep the carpeted cover sits flush and people wouldn't even know there's a cubby there. I use one of these cubbies to store all my emergency/survival gear, in case I'm alway from home during a disaster or earthquake. In all my previous cars, I've had a rubbermaid box in the trunk but with the MY the cubby can hold it all. They are quite expensive though.

These cubbies are great. They are very deep the carpeted cover sits flush and people wouldn't even know there's a cubby there. I use one of these cubbies to store all my emergency/survival gear, in case I'm alway from home during a disaster or earthquake. In all my previous cars, I've had a rubbermaid box in the trunk but with the MY the cubby can hold it all. They are quite expensive though.
It is like getting a box for a box.

Agreed, they are definitely overpriced but I got them anyways. They’re useful as a water-tight container and easily fit a gallon of milk. I put emergency items in there or transport bottles or items that I don’t want rolling around or risk breaking/spilling. Having the level top cover is also nice as I can set additional items on top. Again, pricey for what they are but no regrets after receiving the cubbies and they’re good quality with a perfect fit.

The reason I put a screen protector on my MY is that some people have long fingernails and use that to tap the glass. Also, someone with a zipper might fling their jacket and hit the screen. I went with the Spigen clear glass because the matte slightly blurs everything.
I totally agree a screen protector should be recommended but everyone has to make their own choice if they want one or not. It's a different cost from replacing a phone screen and one for the car not counting how long it may take to get a replacement in. I do have 1 question for you about the Spigen clear and that is how is the glare? I think I would rather have the better clarity and some fingerprints instead of the slightly fuzzier view with the matte screen. How is it in normal use and not when you can take a picture that shows lots the glare. There were some reports of rainbow effect with polarized sunglasses too.

I totally agree a screen protector should be recommended but everyone has to make their own choice if they want one or not. It's a different cost from replacing a phone screen and one for the car not counting how long it may take to get a replacement in. I do have 1 question for you about the Spigen clear and that is how is the glare? I think I would rather have the better clarity and some fingerprints instead of the slightly fuzzier view with the matte screen. How is it in normal use and not when you can take a picture that shows lots the glare. There were some reports of rainbow effect with polarized sunglasses too.
The glare doesn't bother me. I'm a little OCD and try not to touch the screen when I don't have to. If I can use a voice command, I will use that. I've been like this with my other cars that had touchscreens. Other people can't even tell there's a screen protector on it. It basically looks naked. And I like Spigen's product the best because they have a truly idiot-proof installation process. Using the included frame, you can't mess up.

Perfect for this thread of what not to buy (at least for me). Of course I am an old fart and prefer the technical upgrades over the stylized accessories.
I couldn't agree more!

Front Lip Spoiler - Check
$190 oversized mud flaps - Check
Millions of carbon look stickers everywhere - Check
Hard plastic carbon fiber look center arm rest cover (why??) - Check
White plastic cover for rear of center console - Check
SpaceX logo - Check
Painted Tail Lights - Check