Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't buy from taptes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the full set of taptes seat covers for my TM3 on Black Friday. They have not sent them yet, but they have given me a fake tracking number. They don't respond to emails.
I know a lot of people got what they ordered, but I'm out $600 and they are giving me the silent treatment while taking a shipment.
Go elsewhere.
They ship from China so the tracking number is for China Post and it takes a while for them to get here. I ordered their floor mats and they came in 23 days.

Reactions: hydro 481
How did you pay? If by CC you can file a charge dispute and you will get your $$$ back.

As others have said it can take a while. Especially with it being the holiday shipping season.

I would sit tight a another couple weeks and if nothing file a dispute, you will get your $$$ back.

Ive ordered 4 times from them with a total of over $600. I ordered CF mirrors covers from them and didnt hear from them for about 2 weeks. I emailed them and they promptly responded and told me what the issue was (CF mirrors were scuffed and needed to be remade). A week after they shipped. Just email them.

Same experience with TapTes here as well. Ordered the all weather mats back on Nov 2. Initially, Tina from TapTes was very responsive to my inquires about order status, responding within 24 hours (or even immediately) and provided an overseas tracking number. When that tracking number didn't work, she then provided a USPS tracking number which has not been updated since 11/15 (about a month ago now), and states the status of my shipment is unknown. I've sent several emails now since 11/20 and it's been complete radio silence on their part. Glad some people had positive experiences, unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to be one of them.

Will probably go ahead and file a dispute in the next few days/week.

Based on the response here most of the people who have ordered get their items (eventually), and some people just never get a response from them.

Sounds like their business processes need some polishing. If they just responded to my emails that would make me less worried.

Note:
I know it's not Amazon prime (although that also takes a few weeks to get here) but getting a fake tracking number is stupid, it just makes customers more worried. I think most people are used to sites like Alibaba shipping things without tracking numbers.

Based on the response here most of the people who have ordered get their items (eventually), and some people just never get a response from them.

Sounds like their business processes need some polishing. If they just responded to my emails that would make me less worried.

um, you bought a Tesla, you should be used to crappy customer service... :rolleyes:

My guess is it might be the higher demand around this time year, it hasn’t even been two weeks from Black Friday, give it another week or so.

• Funny
Reactions: jsmay311
I ordered 5 days ago. If I go to my account it shows the phone charger with the Chinese tracking number. The floor mats though have a FedEx tracking number and should be here tomorrow. Guessing they have inventory for the floor mats here in the states. I'm cool with the phone charger taking longer , especially if it is quality for such a low price. With the snow starting to fly around here, I'll be happy to already have the floor mats when I get my car next week. OP, I'm sure you'll get your seat covers .............eventually. :D

I ordered the mats since they looked great with no ugly logo. I placed the order on Dec 15th and posted on social media to qualify for the $99 deal. I received tracking and they were delivered by the 19th! My tracking number was via FedEx. It was picked up from CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA so it arrived quickly since I'm in CA. Now I'm just waiting for the car to be made so I can put them in and take some pictures. Fingers crossed for a 12/31 car delivery.

Same experience with TapTes here as well. Ordered the all weather mats back on Nov 2. Initially, Tina from TapTes was very responsive to my inquires about order status, responding within 24 hours (or even immediately) and provided an overseas tracking number. When that tracking number didn't work, she then provided a USPS tracking number which has not been updated since 11/15 (about a month ago now), and states the status of my shipment is unknown. I've sent several emails now since 11/20 and it's been complete radio silence on their part. Glad some people had positive experiences, unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to be one of them.

Will probably go ahead and file a dispute in the next few days/week.

UPDATE: Still no floor mats from Taptes. Just to recap, ordered about two months ago (Nov 2). At last communication, TapTes still insists that they need to hear from their shipper. Tracking info they provided has still not updated since Nov 15th (6 weeks ago). I have asked for a replacement shipment or a refund time and time again, and they still insist on waiting to hear from their shipping company. Filed a dispute with Paypal about two weeks ago, and awaiting resolution at this point.

I ordered the mats since they looked great with no ugly logo. I placed the order on Dec 15th and posted on social media to qualify for the $99 deal. I received tracking and they were delivered by the 19th! My tracking number was via FedEx. It was picked up from CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA so it arrived quickly since I'm in CA. Now I'm just waiting for the car to be made so I can put them in and take some pictures. Fingers crossed for a 12/31 car delivery.
Ya the fit was perfect on mine. Much better than the amazon ones I bought and returned.