Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't close your frunk wrong...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rep showed me how to close my frunk wrong and I've done it like 4 times to show people
1f641.png
:( so mad. The manual says its bad for it! ARGH!!!! He had me press the TESLA logo with both hands. I'm mad I hope I have not bent it! They the heck would he not know that??

You should place your hands on the left and write of the Tesla logo area and always use two hands. RTFM!!!

My rep showed me how to close my frunk wrong and I've done it like 4 times to show people
1f641.png
:( so mad. The manual says its bad for it! ARGH!!!! He had me press the TESLA logo with both hands. I'm mad I hope I have not bent it! They the heck would he not know that??

You should place your hands on the left and write of the Tesla logo area and always use two hands. RTFM!!!
It would be nice if that actually worked! It doesn’t with my S. You could do a handstand on those two places and it won’t close. The guy that delivered it always placed hid hand directly over the latch and pressed straight down. You can feel the latch work doing this way. If you aren’t bending the hood doing what you do and it works, just do it. I keep a small towel in the car for various things. Using it under your hand helps spread the load.

This seems to definitely be a weak part of the cars design. Any vehicle that requires instruction on how to safely close a trunk (or frunk in this case) is a horrible idea. My M3 got delayed till July (4/18 order) but this is certainly a part of the car I am not looking forward to. I was afraid to close my buddy's frunk the other day when he brought it over. It felt fragile