Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't do what I did

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the hatch on the model Y is opened all the way, what is the distance from the ground to the highest point on the tip of the hatch? I other words, how much vertical height clearance is needed without programming in a lower height opening??

I put up pipe insulation after it took out a very small chip out of my spoiler.
I usually back in but head in only when I'm charging. This has saved me many times already!
That is a great suggestion. I bought a piece of 1/2” pipe insulation which has a slit with self adhesive tape along the edge which attaches perfectly to the horizontal metal rails on my garage door. 902A6154-B9D8-4E63-93D8-93837372299E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: gregarian
How would you attach pool noodles to the garage door?

Just like in bbmertz picture above. Cut a piece of it off and probably put some double sided tape on it.

Probably best to set the max height on it though. To do that manually open it to where you want it and then hold the button the on the hatch for 3-5seconds until you hear a jingle from the car.

Just like in bbmertz picture above. Cut a piece of it off and probably put some double sided tape on it.

Probably best to set the max height on it though. To do that manually open it to where you want it and then hold the button the on the hatch for 3-5seconds until you hear a jingle from the car.
set the max height to a lower max outside of the garage, you can always put it up higher and set the height again once inside.