Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't get 21" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one with the 21s with 30 profile tires, I sympathize. It makes for tense driving quite often. So far, no damage in 4 months (although hit a hole in the #1 lane of 101 the other day and I think I may be feeling vibe now) Last car, a BMW 550, also had 30's and that car lost 6 wheels in 5 years. :-( Next time, I think it will be back to 'ugly' wheels :)

Before I gave my P85D to my mom. I hit a pothole and destroyed my driver side rear wheel and tire. Which caused me to replace them with the "Original" Style 19's. The Turbine wheels were covered in curb rash and were bent anyways.

so you admit it's a black-swan of a pothole, that the 19" wheels wouldn't have survived either, and that 10 other cars got flat tires.

and yet you proclaim "don't get 21" wheels"?!?!??! i think your title should have read: "don't be unlucky enough to hit potholes the size of craters".

i've had 21" wheels for 4 years. not one incident. and i've hit a few teeth-shatterers in that time.

THANK YOU!!!! I've ordered 21s in the pothole capital of the Midwest and this post was bumming me out until I bumped into your logic. I'm going to buy 19s for the winter, but really like the look of the 21s and like the sportier ride.