TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Don't get 21" wheels

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ggr, Feb 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. xbox4me62

xbox4me62 Member

What wheels are those? Are those the 20" tsportlines?

2. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Yes

3. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

When I switched to a set of staggered 21s (on the 90 with air) the ride/handling and noise all improved over the supersport 19s. I would say the handling is now equal to the coils w/19s on the 70D.

4. TR5642

TR5642 Member

As one with the 21s with 30 profile tires, I sympathize. It makes for tense driving quite often. So far, no damage in 4 months (although hit a hole in the #1 lane of 101 the other day and I think I may be feeling vibe now) Last car, a BMW 550, also had 30's and that car lost 6 wheels in 5 years. :-( Next time, I think it will be back to 'ugly' wheels :)

5. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

Before I gave my P85D to my mom. I hit a pothole and destroyed my driver side rear wheel and tire. Which caused me to replace them with the "Original" Style 19's. The Turbine wheels were covered in curb rash and were bent anyways.

6. Sully's8

Sully's8 Member

THANK YOU!!!! I've ordered 21s in the pothole capital of the Midwest and this post was bumming me out until I bumped into your logic. I'm going to buy 19s for the winter, but really like the look of the 21s and like the sportier ride.