Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't get your Tires from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think @PILOT RAVI is from Ontario, California, *NOT* Ontario, Canada

Oops. Odd that a California SC wouldn’t get this right. Maybe California has some odd restriction? I’ve done this multiple times in VA including recently in Nov and it was no problem. They clarified that it was limited to tesla OEM tires though. Maybe she thinks or just assumes that the tires Tire Rack are sending are not Tesla OEM tires .

Oops. Odd that a California SC wouldn’t get this right. Maybe California has some odd restriction? I’ve done this multiple times in VA including recently in Nov and it was no problem. They clarified that it was limited to tesla OEM tires though. Maybe she thinks or just assumes that the tires Tire Rack are sending are not Tesla OEM tires .

Tesla should be consistent regardless of which state. I understand prices could very. But Tesla service, core values, and their policy shouldn't very by state. If this in the case. Its time for me to reactivate my twitter accounts. :)

States have different rules and those state rules may require Tesla to operate differently. But I don't know what the issue is here. More likely just a Tesla employee who doesn't know that the rule is that they only install Tesla OEM spec'd tires, not that the narrower rule that they only install Tesla purchased tires.

In case a rogue Tesla SC claims that Tesla doesn't do this, show them this:

upload_2018-3-24_11-53-52.png

upload_2018-3-24_11-56-21.png

The downside of using another tire shop with non-OEM tires: the other shop with screw things up, not have the TPMS in stock and you have to buy the TPMS from Tesla and then go back to the other shop because Tesla won't touch non-OEM tires.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-24_12-1-9.png
    upload_2018-3-24_12-1-9.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 54
In case a rogue Tesla SC claims that Tesla doesn't do this, show them this:

View attachment 288817

View attachment 288818

The downside of using another tire shop with non-OEM tires: the other shop with screw things up, not have the TPMS in stock and you have to buy the TPMS from Tesla and then go back to the other shop because Tesla won't touch non-OEM tires.

Thank you so much for this. This will certainly help me