Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't Give Tesla a Black Eye by Stealing Electricity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing a lot of hate for @E-Lect-Trick 's post, but it seems to me perfectly reasonable to assume this is someone scamming electricity, and thereby giving Tesla (and EVs more broadly) a bad name. If that's what he assumed, then that's what other observers might assume.
There is already a PR war happening with anti-EV sentiment being drummed up by vested interests, and even the appearance of freeloading should be carefully avoided.

Reactions: FourOhFour and SJC3
You mention bias. Your initial post was biased itself. My reply simply stated why assume the negative without knowing anything about the person. You then couldn’t handle the opposite view.

I’ll gice you a simple and relatable example.

I used to get bent when I see one of those landscape vehicles hooked up to a public fire hydrant. They would fill their large tanks and then use it to water various plants for their company. I was like WTF. These guys are using water on a taxpayers dime to make money.

One day I came across a water authority guy and asked about this issue. He explained that they were allowed to use the hydrants that have the white tops. The white type hydrants were metered and could be used by any company that was partnered with the government.

I paused and said. Oh. So after that I started checking. Whenever I saw a tank truck hooked up, sure enough it was to a white topped hydrant.

Since then I take a moment in situations like this and wonder what might be the other side of my issue.

My suggestion was to do the same. Maybe present your issue as a question instead of making accusations.
That's good advice.
I've surprised myself many times at how wrong my righteous assumptions were!

Reactions: SpudLime