Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't Give Tesla a Black Eye by Stealing Electricity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was travelling through Altoona, WI last weekend when I noticed a someone stealing electricity from the city to charge their Model 3. I noticed the car before I went to lunch around 11am and it was still there when I left at 12:30. That's when I took the attached picture. It was plugged into a power box that is available for food trucks and others who get permits from the Parks and Recreation department. It was really upsetting to see an expensive new car stealing fuel from the taxpayers of this small and modest city. I forwarded the picture to the city parks and recreation department for them to followup with the owner if they so choose. Please don't be like this person. What a horrible initial impression of Tesla.
2018-08-12 11.02.56.jpg

psssss... let's not let the OP know that all 100,000 of us Model 3 owners do the exact same thing. We love to pillage and steal.. even 110V.

The more small and modest the city, the greater the thrill.

Doesn't matter we can push the Model 3 faster than it can charge from that silly outlet.

Let's claim

"isolated incident".

and hope it blows over.

psssss... let's not let the OP know that all 100,000 of us Model 3 owners do the exact same thing. We love to pillage

Cant lie, it does feel devilish when I pull up to a BMW dealership and jack into a 1772 and check-in on plugshare to complain how slow this is. Its like giving a stray cat a bowl of milk only to have him pi$$ on your couch.