Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't know what else to do, frozen screen, unresponsive scroll wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Resolved frozen screen issue by unplugging the battery for about 5 minutes. Also, Tesla SC made an exception and will take a look at my steering wheel issues today while my I wait for my registration.

Fantastic -- they're usually very willing to dive in and help out. Glad they're going to take care of you -- please keep us posted!

Resolved frozen screen issue by unplugging the battery for about 5 minutes. Also, Tesla SC made an exception and will take a look at my steering wheel issues today while my I wait for my registration.
Great. They will usually deal with stranded cars or flat tire right away. You should have them show you how they did it so you can do it yourself or direct a local mechanic.

My car stranded me the first week I had it and disconnecting the power, waiting a few minutes, and reconnecting was also the fix. I made the mechanic show me where he did that. It was at the first responder panel under the frunk at the right side back. The instructions say to cut the cable, but don't do that. Just reach a little further down and unplug, wait, and then replug.

Sorry, your first experience with a Tesla is bad. The cynic in me believes that the previous owner was starting to have issues (typically, it just doesn't go dead right away) and just dumped the X.
I was thinking the same thing, but maybe that is just a pessimistic thought running though my head as well. And agree that most of them don't go dead right away. They start going flaky. Hope OP has a better experience with the car after this issue.

Yeah I was starting to get some buyers remorse. $60k is a good amount of money to spend on a car and it didn’t function properly.

As "catastrophic" as they seem, an MCU and steering wheel update are actually fairly straightforward. Hopefully you have it back today and will be thrilled for hundreds of thousands of miles!

It's a super vehicle - the "original" MCU is probably its achilles' heel and now that you're getting that replaced... you'll be in a great spot! No need for the buyers' remorse. You'll be cured of that the next time you stomp on that accelerator pedal. :)

Car has been in the shop for 6 days now. Got constant updates the first few days but now they’ve gone dark on me the last three days. Is that normal? Calling the SC goes straight to voicemail.

Call the service center and push the prompts for calling for a car in service. They might have had to order some parts or something. You should still be able to get some sort of tentative ETA on it from them though.

Car has been in the shop for 6 days now. Got constant updates the first few days but now they’ve gone dark on me the last three days. Is that normal? Calling the SC goes straight to voicemail.

Don’t you he’ll get texts to your cell or in the APP from the service center contact?

I’ve always received something from my centers, either North Carolina or Florida.