Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't see power flow in Tesla app after solar and pw installed... tried signing in/out app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if it has never showed up in the app, and you just got installed, that normally means something has to be activated on tesla's side. Logging in and out usually wont change anything.

if it all worked properly at some point and now does not show anything, you can wait and see if that state continues, log in and out of the app, or even try deleting the app and re installing it. In this second case of "it all worked but now it doesnt", it typically resolves itself. In the first case above "just installed and doesnt show anything" that is almost always a call into tier 1 tesla support.

I have never had to wait that long for a tier 1 tesla energy call to connect, but maybe its different right now.

Are you calling tesla energy support directly (not your SA, etc)? 877-961-7652 is the number I have.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
if it has never showed up in the app, and you just got installed, that normally means something has to be activated on tesla's side. Logging in and out usually wont change anything.

if it all worked properly at some point and now does not show anything, you can wait and see if that state continues, log in and out of the app, or even try deleting the app and re installing it. In this second case of "it all worked but now it doesnt", it typically resolves itself. In the first case above "just installed and doesnt show anything" that is almost always a call into tier 1 tesla support.

I have never had to wait that long for a tier 1 tesla energy call to connect, but maybe its different right now.

Are you calling tesla energy support directly (not your SA, etc)? 877-961-7652 is the number I have.
thanks! it is the former where it has never showed up in the app. that's the number I called...

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Your installer didn't have you log in to the app while they were there and show you how everything works?

Someone should make an install checklist like the delivery checklist for the cars. This would be one of the first things on the list to check.

Sorry you are having to deal with this OP.

Your installer didn't have you log in to the app while they were there and show you how everything works?

Someone should make an install checklist like the delivery checklist for the cars. This would be one of the first things on the list to check.

Sorry you are having to deal with this OP.

The installer asked me to log in and out. But the energy flow didn’t show up in the app. just my model 3 only. He told me to call support

I'm on the same boat as you with a Powerwall+. Every time I call in to ask about it, they just throw it to...

A. You're not supposed to have access until after PTO.
B. The app won't function correctly until after PTO.
C. Customer service won't support/doesn't like it if you have access to the app before PTO.
D. You're not supposed to even have the system on.

If only they were more versed on the actual functionality of their own inverter/powerwall and how they're all set to self consumption if it's Pre-PTO then hopefully one day they'll just check the backend instead of giving me excuses. I'm right on the cusp of PTO so I just let it go until after so I can throw a Karen at them.

I'm on the same boat as you with a Powerwall+. Every time I call in to ask about it, they just throw it to...

A. You're not supposed to have access until after PTO.
B. The app won't function correctly until after PTO.
C. Customer service won't support/doesn't like it if you have access to the app before PTO.
D. You're not supposed to even have the system on.

If only they were more versed on the actual functionality of their own inverter/powerwall and how they're all set to self consumption if it's Pre-PTO then hopefully one day they'll just check the backend instead of giving me excuses. I'm right on the cusp of PTO so I just let it go until after so I can throw a Karen at them.

thanks, it would be good to get some data points on whether some other members get access to the app before PTO or not (those who also purchased PW)

Maybe your installer didn’t commission your system. It’s pretty easy to do it yourself, if you want to but the last step is to enter the email of your Tesla account and once that happens it will show up in the app after logging in again. It does say to double check the email as I imagine it’s a process for them to update the backend.

Maybe your installer didn’t commission your system. It’s pretty easy to do it yourself, if you want to but the last step is to enter the email of your Tesla account and once that happens it will show up in the app after logging in again. It does say to double check the email as I imagine it’s a process for them to update the backend.

Enter email where?

Where is this page located? Through the Run Wizard button on the bottom of the page while in installer mode? I did all that but it still doesn't show up for me. My installer did ask for my Wifi credentials but had problems trying to update the system, I got it to update after he left.

Where is this page located? Through the Run Wizard button on the bottom of the page while in installer mode? I did all that but it still doesn't show up for me. My installer did ask for my Wifi credentials but had problems trying to update the system, I got it to update after he left.
That page only shows up the first time you run through the wizard, at least I haven’t seen it again since. I guess that’s why it wants you to double check and confirm the email.

That page only shows up the first time you run through the wizard, at least I haven’t seen it again since. I guess that’s why it wants you to double check and confirm the email.

Oh lovely......I wonder if I reset the gateway the prompt will come back. I guess that's easier than dealing with support or having them schedule someone over. I'll do some playing tonight when the whole system goes to idle.