Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't tint your windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going back to my early motorcycle days we were told to NEVER tint the helmet visor!
The reason being is that it would impede your ability to see a slick surface such as an oil patch on the road.
I use that information even today while driving my Tesla or my Goldwing!
Very dangerous to tint your front windshield. Don't do it! I believe it's also illegal.
The side windows and rear windows are fine.
There's just no reason at all to tint the front.
You're not impressing anybody!

• Disagree
Reactions: Blastphemy
Going back to my early motorcycle days we were told to NEVER tint the helmet visor!
The reason being is that it would impede your ability to see a slick surface such as an oil patch on the road.
Very dangerous to tint your front windshield. Don't do it! I believe it's also illegal.

My only thinking was to help prevent rock chip damage. Otherwise, no way.

I have a very light crystaline on my Model S. Most people have no idea it is there. Does not hinder my view at all and doesn't impress anyone.

I just got off the phone with our Tesla service person and he warned against tinting your windshield. Apparently it could affect AP as it analyzes colors, etc. This is the case even if the tint doesn't cover the cameras.

I can't imagine a situation where not covering the cameras would still cause an issue. I suppose he also told you not to let your spouse ride in the passenger seat because the nagging could interfere with auto-pilot? :rolleyes:

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony and Swift