Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Alarm Should not have been activated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opened the car with my iPhone and drove to appointment. While at the doctor’s my wife stayed in the car with her iPhone which is is also a Tesla Key. The Tesla app was running on her iPhone. After a long period of time she opened the door. The alarm went off. While outside the car the alarm eventually stopped. She walked around to the driver’s door and opened it. The alarm was activated again and eventually stopped on its own. Should the alarm have been activated? Does it have anything to do with the car originally being opened with a different iPhone?

It's unclear to me what happens in these situations. Had a similar event when my wife did the same thing - I was in the bank, she decided to run back home to pick up something we had left there, and the alarm went off - not sure if it happened when she got out or when she opened the drivers door... Wonder if it is related to the driver profile? I haven't looked in the OM to see if they cover this scenario.

Upvote 0
slightly different situation here.

I went to pick up my wife and kids from the mall. I put it in park and opened the door and got out and close the driver door. I had my phone key as well as my wife. I tried to open the driver side door but it was locked and it wouldn't unlock while my wife was able to open the door on the other side.

Upvote 0
According to the OM, it should not do this in the scenarios described above -

About the Security System​

If Model Y does not detect an authenticated phone, key fob, or key card and a locked door or trunk is opened, an alarm sounds. The headlights and turn signals also flash.

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0