Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door cannot be closed as window is stuck open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue. Tonight it’s 24 degrees and I think the door and window were a little frozen when I opened the passenger door. The window went down when I opened the door the went back up so the window was rubbing the frame. I carefully closed the door partially and the window went back down so I cloud close my door.
my rear windows frozen in fully closed up position. i forced my door open but didn't close it because it had visible resistance so i had to pour hot water on the window seal for 5 minutes to get it unstuck. very bad design someone is going to slam their door shut with the window stuck up and shatter the glass.

• Disagree
Reactions: DanDi58
If the window freezes, won't lower use de-icer spray on the outside of the door/window seal where the window descends into the door. Hot water can cause the window to shatter.

BTW I recommend spraying some oil to the exterior bottom edge of the windows (before cold weather), so that if they freeze, the ice formed comes easily off (even wiithout manual intervention).

Had same issue on a 2-mo old MYP. Passenger door opened fine, but did not close as window got back up. No controls worked. Service screen showed "under voltage" error for front and rear passenger windows. All worked fine on the driver side.

Service recommended to manually push and tilt the window down to close the door (that helped). Sure enough, couple hours later the thing just started working as usual.

Service did not find any issues and just said that they recalibrated the windows afterwards (wow, solid fix).

Now it has been 3 attempts of them trying to fix the damaged brightwork trim (window damaged it when closing).

"Glad" to see it is not a unique case. :)